California "dominates" list of cities with most stolen cars

Via Autoblog

grand-theft-auto.jpg

The city where your car is most likely to be stolen is in California. In fact, the top three cities are in California, and of the top 10, six are in that state. So says a report by Forbes that compares the number of stolen cars per 100,000 population.Using that ratio, Fresno, California, with 808 stolen cars per 100,000 people and a total of 7,621 stolen cars in 2011, ranks number one in the nation. In second place is Modesto; third is occupied by Bakersfield.

For fourth and fifth, we have to travel north to Spokane and Yakima Washington. The remaining cities are all in the Golden State except for Anderson, S.C. at number eight. With a population of about 27,000, Anderson (nickname: The Friendliest City in South Carolina) had 911 cars stolen in 2011, giving it a score of 483.32.

See the full list of cities below.

2011 thefts and rate per 100,000
Fresno - 7,621 808.25
Modesto - 3,315 639.32
Bakersfield - 5,240 615.23
Spokane, WA - 2,614 551.75
Yakima, WA - 1,308 529.25
San Francisco - 23,223 528.87
Stockton, CA - 3,532 507.32
Anderson, SC - 911 483.32
Vallejo, CA - 2,002 480.71
Visalia, CA - 2,125 472.78

Yall dudes stay struggling in NorCal
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I saw a blog about all reported stolen classics in LA. Man I need a lowjack on my Camaro.

Norcal taking another L and yet some NT'ers were hyping up Norcal on that NYC Or LA thread a couple days ago
laugh.gif

I think stealing cars is one of the most cowardly crimes someone can commit

but, I'll never understand why people go out of their way to buy luxury cars.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Norcal taking another L and yet some NT'ers were hyping up Norcal on that NYC Or LA thread a couple days ago
laugh.gif

What are you talking about? Like two of those cities are actually in Norcal.

Fresno... I had my 96 TL stolen a few years back lol.
Upgraded the cars so now I dont give car-jacking much thought.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Stockton 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why the Diaz brothers insist on staying there amazes me.
they live in a mansion separated from the terror. my uncle has cut their hair a few times.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Stockton 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why the Diaz brothers insist on staying there amazes me.
they live in a mansion separated from the terror. my uncle has cut their hair a few times.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's go to know. The way everyone talks about it they make it sound like they still in the trap.

Nick always making sound like he struggling too.

well yeah.. California is humungous! We probably have the highest population of midgets too

I work in one of those cities 
ohwell.gif
...Just the other day at work I parked a car, go inside and 10 sec later a bum is trying to break into a Lexus suv in the very front row on camera

Vallejo resident here:
My bro had his old car broken into two times.

I had my old car broken into once, stolen once but returned to us.

I had another car that was stolen and totaled

Yeeeeeee... 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

^ Yall must not believe in alarms or low jack
eek.gif
Just been really misfortunate. We got clubs for the wheel and clutch but never got alarms..
I'm tryna copp an alarm when I get a new deck tho.

My bro's wifey's house is crest side so he always had to watch out..

Car culture is huge in the west coast..folks are always riding in modded out cars.... im not surprised...with the economy being the way it is...

Back
Top Bottom