CALIFORNIA PEOPLE.. HELP A MILITARY MAN OUT!

Alrighty... so I am in the Air Force and have been in North Carolina for 5 years and time to go to my next base finally! and looking to live on the west coast for the first time in my life.
A few Air Force bases out that way, just want your opinions on the area they are in to help me choose. Also school systems play a big part since my daughter will be around 4yrs old when i get there.

1. BEALE AIR FORCE BASE: MARYSVILLE, CA

2. EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE: ROSAMOND, CA

3. LOS ANGELES AIR FORCE BASE: EL SEGUNDO, CA

4. TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE: FAIRFIELD, CA

5. VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE: LOMPOC, CA

ALSO A MAP OF THE BASES FOR VISUAL REFERENCE:

mmr513.jpg

Personally, i'd say LA since it's in El Segundo which is where LAX is.

Freeway accessible by the 105 and 405, and a short distance from everything you would need.

Marysville has a prison doesn't it?

#3 or #4 ....closer too the big city....#4 would be my first choice and #3 would be the 2nd ...

Originally Posted by i3allistic

#3 or #4 ....closer too the big city....#4 would be my first choice and #3 would be the 2nd ...

Yea i was thinking Travis, i want to be away from a big city, but close enough to get up and drive to one if needed. Plus i'm medical and they have one of the biggest/best military hospitals.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

If you like congested traffic, horrible air quality and materialistic people...got to LA/Socal.

I'd honestly say do the Fairfield base. It's nice, it has a country feel to it and is only 45 minutes away from Oakland/San Francisco.

Fairfield/Bay Area =
pimp.gif
. You'll love it Memph, trust ya boy..  And the Nike/Polo outlets only being 10 minutes is a bonus..

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Yea i was thinking Travis, i want to be away from a big city, but close enough to get up and drive to one if needed. Plus i'm medical and they have one of the biggest/best military hospitals.

yep, and you don't have to deal with LA traffic
sick.gif
..and your BAH should be higher i believe ...not sure...

If I were you I would find out the cost of living in both areas and find out which suited me better...La bringing in over 2g's for bah and its 1600 for travis

Consider one close to a good private school, because kids these day superman themselves to ******ation. Although, private school in good/wealthy CA parts are nice (woodside/atherton).

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If you like congested traffic, horrible air quality and materialistic people...got to LA/Socal.

I'd honestly say do the Fairfield base. It's nice, it has a country feel to it and is only 45 minutes away from Oakland/San Francisco.

Fairfield/Bay Area =
pimp.gif
. You'll love it Memph, trust ya boy..  And the Nike/Polo outlets only being 10 minutes is a bonus..
Fairfield eassssy. Bay areaaaaaaaaaa
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'd say travis afb
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I'dhonestly say do the Fairfield base. It's nice, it has a country feel toit and is only 45 minutes away from Oakland/San Francisco.

I would go with Travis. It's real close to San Francisco. I have fam in Fairfield. It's nice out there.

I stay like 20 min from Travis.. Sf/Oakland are 40-45 minutes away. Sacramento is 40 minutes away.. The nike outlet is like 20 minutes. Lake Tahoe/Reno are about 3 hours away..

The city itself is coo.. Its the Bay...
pimp.gif

A nice 2 bedroom apartment will run you from $1100 to $1500.

Either LA or Travis. My auntie an uncle stay at travis afb. They are medical too. I think they both do echo but my uncle was training to do something else but i forgot.

Back
Top Bottom