California proposes a plan to tax text messages Vol. Green bubble gonna cost you

But why? We had texting and iMessage

As a way of unifying both Android and Apple phones.

For Apple users maybe it doesn't matter.

It'd basically be the benefits of iMessage for everyone.

My friends and I only use it to plan and communicate during bachelor parties.

Yeah, when I'm in Taiwan everyone uses Line or FB messenger.

I use WhatsApp for my latino friends/fam and WeChat for my asian friends/business associates lol

WhatsApp is all my friends and family use, iMessage with my coworkers. Can’t be texting in 2018 with the terrible media quality

WhatsApp and WeChat >>>>>

There's one person on Earth I use texts with, and that's because he's a stubborn lazy @#$ that doesn't want to change. I'm pretty sure no one else I know regularly uses texts either

Last edited:
Does Android not have a iMessage type deal? Android to Android?

No, not really.

Because every OEM pre-installs their own messaging app. And most people just use what their phones give them.

SMS is essentially dead in every country except the US.

As a way of unifying both Android and Apple phones.

For Apple users maybe it doesn't matter.

It'd basically be the benefits of iMessage for everyone.

Yeah, when I'm in Taiwan everyone uses Line or FB messenger.

For me, most of my Japanese friends use Line, but most of my Taiwanese and Chinese friends use WeChat. I like WeChat better cause it has the translate function for when they try to say something that they don't know how to describe in English

For me, most of my Japanese friends use Line, but most of my Taiwanese and Chinese friends use WeChat. I like WeChat better cause it has the translate function for when they try to say something that they don't know how to describe in English

Yeah, the Wechat translation is nice.

I know people typically use Wechat in Taiwan cause they got contacts in China.

I don't use Wechat anymore tho cause Chines govt :lol:

Have you guys even looked at your cell phone bills? There are monthly taxes on them. If they aren't, then your carrier just baked them into your plan price for marketing, but you still pay them.

When consumer activity shifts in a way that reduces relative revenue, then taxes have to adapt. This is nothing new or outrageous.

Plus the money is going to help fund 911 services, low income folk, and disabled people.
God Damn man
We know all this
Can’t u just be upset or angry about it
Like the rest of us
Stop tryna make sense

God Damn man
We know all this
Can’t u just be upset or angry about it
Like the rest of us
Stop tryna make sense
tenor.gif

Cali tryna tax every******* thing man. They need to throw me some free health care and universal income while they at it

If the government used the money it stole from us for stuff like health care and education how could it afford to keep up with it’s reckless spending?

I guess I’m old school cause I still text all the domestic homies. Company covers the whole bill. Edit - I guess it’s mostly iMessage after looking into it.

It’s whatsapp all day with international friends though.

Is it fair to assume the main reason people are off texts is cause cost, or is technology on other **** actually better?

I guess I’m old school cause I still text all the domestic homies. Company covers the whole bill. Edit - I guess it’s mostly iMessage after looking into it.

It’s whatsapp all day with international friends though.

Is it fair to assume the main reason people are off texts is cause cost, or is technology on other **** actually better?

iMessage isn't SMS.

One of the things is cost, data is cheap af in other countries.

But here we still use "unlimited texts" in phone plans. In other countries you typically don't have that.

I find it weird that it is not popular in the states.

It's cause most people here in America are on mobile contracts and you usually get things like unlimited text/minute plans in those contracts. It's the norm. It's not like this in most other countries.

By default, everyone here has SMS/MMS.

It's cause most people here in America are on mobile contracts and you usually get things like unlimited text/minute plans in those contracts. It's the norm. It's not like this in most other countries.

By default, everyone here has SMS/MMS.

Same here in Canada. But what drew me and my group a decade ago to whatsapp was the Group Chat and it was the first solid app to work on BB (when it was popular), iOS, and Android. Viber, FB Messenger, and Snap came in much later, so I was never used to their interfaces.

Back
Top Bottom