California Unemployment.. or Unemployment in general..

I know they ask you to report any earnings during a specific period but I had a question as to if these could be labeled as earnings...

1) I recently received a refund from my college I guess because I had overpaid on something and since I'm done they cut a check.

2) I received a rebate for my phone.

3) State/Federal Income taxes... one check is here, the other is on the way.

It's been 1 1/2 months since I filed and have only received ONE check. I need money to pay my bills and since I have those checks available I had beenwaiting to cash them. But people have told me that if I do, I have to report it as "earnings" and they'll cut whatever I "made" for mynext check.. if it ever comes.
sick.gif

If you have any further questions, just pm. I'm currently UE in Cali. They cut you a check depending on your income, they use your reported incomes (w2)from the past 16 months since you were laid off.

^ Thanks for that.

It's just kinda frustrating since I'll be going almost on two months since I filed (3/6/09) and only rec'd one check yet all the bills keep coming. I have enough $ saved up but without any money coming in it's hard to maintain that. But whatever.. I hope I get the call from somewhere I've appliedto.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

^ Thanks for that.

It's just kinda frustrating since I'll be going almost on two months since I filed (3/6/09) and only rec'd one check yet all the bills keep coming. I have enough $ saved up but without any money coming in it's hard to maintain that. But whatever.. I hope I get the call from somewhere I've applied to.

Did you mail in the form on the date it asked you to?

Once the first check comes they keep coming like clockwork every two weeks as long as you properly fill out and mail in the form for the week(s) in question.

Back
Top Bottom