Californias lack of Hip Hop in Clubs unappreciation post

Originally Posted by mjviper

in the the 951 Area .. El Farallon, EL Patio, And Centenario

laugh.gif

Yeah i be going to them paisa clubs too but we need a good mix of both
they be having on some straight West Coast +!%@ and they go on to mixing Lady Gaga
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
   i cant get down to that +!%@

You just goin to the wrong spots OP. At least do some research on the type of clubs u going to.

I mean in Cali you got your spots that only play Top 40, old school hiphop, street/hood joints, reggae etc..
You might just be going to the club on the wrong day, when they aint playing rnb/rap.

And have u been to a club in NYC? They ONLY play east coast music with maybe a sprinkle of some south or Kanye. (although its appreciated when your in a club and everyone in that $$#@#*%!%$*+ can say Biggie lyrics or ODB lyrics word for word
pimp.gif
)

No disrespect but sounds like you been goin to the clubs that you gotta get all gweedo'd out at. 
laugh.gif
I used to DJ for the radio/club where I'm at but never again. If you come raw on a set, the guy who's paying you won't like the type of music you playin. They want you to keep Top-40 radio on constant rotation, and sandwich techno/Lady Gaga in between hip hop/R&B beats. Everyone has something to hate about but I gotta say I really hate all that "club hop, popcorn, bubble gum" music.
mad.gif
 I keep all my Hieroglyphics/Zion I/reggae type music and sQratchin in-house now. I don't even go to clubs no more, I just been catchin reggae concerts lately. Live bands are way more sicker!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Born Tuesday

besides 3-6 mafia, i would hate to hear any of those artists in the club
sick.gif
laugh.gif

frown.gif

No "Made You Look", "International Player's Anthem", "Suck It or Not", etc. etc.

Why not?
laugh.gif

no thanks, suck it or not would be fine i guess, but the others...when me and my boys are having kickbacks and just drinking i like playing real @#$% like "Made You Look", but when I go to the club i'm going strictly for the females. aint no girl gonna get loose to Nas
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

if you're going to a top40 type club expecting to hear hip hop, then you've already played yourself. off the top, i could probably name 5 bars/lounges that will spin the type of stuff i want to hear in SF, which is why i go to them.
CO MF SIGN. I don't go to the club to listen to real hip hop, just like most of the people I know. I go to grind on chicks and have fun.

Originally Posted by BaysickBeatz

Grand Star (Soul Sessions)
Mountain Bar
almost anything that Ek5obition throws
Crosby
Detroit Bar

...I could go on
pimp.gif
Only one that I've been to, but I'll have to check out the rest. The Crosby is crackin' more than a couple days a week.  Been there Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, whatever.

And just yesterday I saw Supernatural, AmpLive (DJ from from Zion I) and People Under the Stairs for free at UC Irvine. So there you have it. Don't be mad you don't know where to look. Hip Hop is all around you in Cali. Let me leave you with the lineup for a show I'm promoting.

Paid Dues 2010

5y4ip.jpg

Originally Posted by EmnabtnacesoRJ

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lounge is
pimp.gif
in CALI
CA beats/lyrics> ny beats/lyrics

indifferent.gif

NY Beats/Lyrics > CA lyrics/Beats

Im guessing you like The New Boyz and Tyga?

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
I hate how some hip hop fans are always on some bull like this. Yeah, I'm partial to West Coast *%$* , but I got love for real music coming from any region. Out of all the West Coast MCs, you try to call us out on New Boyz and Tyga? Pleaseeee.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
I hate how some hip hop fans are always on some bull like this. Yeah, I'm partial to West Coast *%$* , but I got love for real music coming from any region. Out of all the West Coast MCs, you try to call us out on New Boyz and Tyga? Pleaseeee.
eyes.gif
Snoop fell off, Dre is NEVER going to release another album, E40 is wack as hell, Ice Cube is doin movies, The Hyphy movement is dead. 
If were talkin about 90s WC hip-hop thats a different story because that was when you guys were at your full potential. But as of right now WC Hip-Hop is dead to me. 

The only people out of the west coast who deserve respect is The Game and Dom Kennedy, those dudes are practically holdin it down for the west coast as of right now. 

You need to blame DJs not clubs i check whos the DJ before i roll.

and what part of cali OP this is not a small state
laugh.gif

dj's play this kinda music because its easier to dance to than the good hip hop

but 4real the music isnt all that superb there... but w/e i dont go there to listen to music

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

and what part of cali OP this is not a small state
laugh.gif
Exactly
laugh.gif
homie is posting this rant from Temecula or Cabazon or some !@%% . If I can find dope events to go to around ORANGE COUNTY, then I'm pretty other stuff can be found around Socal.

i co-sign this too. In SoCal there is about 3 Hip-Hop clubs to go to down on Sunset. But in Bay you can found one everywhere from Oakland to Frisco and even San Jo. LA get on your job, bad enough ya'll don't play any Hip-Hop on yall radio stations. We remember "Black Friday" Too much Pop and ++*# down there. LETS GO!!!!!

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by ikari XD

if you're going to a top40 type club expecting to hear hip hop, then you've already played yourself. off the top, i could probably name 5 bars/lounges that will spin the type of stuff i want to hear in SF, which is why i go to them.
CO MF SIGN. I don't go to the club to listen to real hip hop, just like most of the people I know. I go to grind on chicks and have fun.
exactly, just last week i had dinner at a japanese restaurant that spun all sorts of so-called "real hip hop." if i can find a place for sashimi and blueprint1 at the same time, then i find it hard to believe you can't find a place that'll spin hip hop in socal
laugh.gif

You got to go to the spots man. One place that I love for their choice of old school hip-hop is the Little Temple Bar on Santa Monica. Another place that gets its going extremely well is the Do-Over on Sundays. Check out the stuff the spin here http://blog.thedoover.net/

The Do-Over only runs in the summer time because its outdoors. Starts back up the end of this month.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

nobody is listening to nas and talib kwali in the club dude

word. I aint tryna go to a club just so I could post up against the wall and nod my head. I'm tryna crunk!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom