Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 announced!!

Yes!!
pimp.gif

We know Activision Blizzard loves sequels.
Just moments ago, the publisher revealed a slate of follow-ups coming this year at an Massive Inc. upfront attended by Stephen Totilo.

An upfront is where publishers showcase their upcoming lineup to advertisers and are a new practice for games. Upfronts occur every year for TV and movies.

This event is being held in downtown Manhattan to get advertisers pumped to buy more ads in games. Massive is a Microsoft-owned firm that did the Barack Obama ad in "Burnout Paradise."

At the meeting, Activision Blizzard showcased new games that would make sense for in-game ads, including the vaguely titled "Guitar Hero 5," which included a screen shot of gameplay with a Burger King ad to the right of the note highway.

The publisher confirmed rumors that "Tony Hawk" will be different this year. "You're not going to be playing this game with a controller in your hands," said the company. The new "Tony Hawk" arrives on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and DS in October.

Additionally, Activision Blizzard acknowledged the "Call of Duty" series will move forward yet again with "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2″ coming this fall. No details on the game were released.

We've also heard rumors that Bizarre Creations was working on a racing-oriented "James Bond" game, which have turned out to be true. The original Bond adventure, not tied to a movie storyline, is coming this September. The former "Project Gotham Racing" studio is also working on an original racing IP for the publisher, which they tagged as "'Mario Kart' meets 'Forza.'"

Curiously, the lineup included absolutely no Blizzard Entertainment games.

If any more news breaks from the Massive Inc. upfront, we'll let you know.

http://multiplayerblog.mt...at-in-game-ad-conference/

I wonder if it will officially be COD5, or just COD:MW2?

And I wonder who they'll have you play as in the campaign. Probably SAS again for the Brits, but I wonder which American SOF will get the nod.

Great news either way, WaW is garbage,

Originally Posted by JMaddness2345129

I wonder if it will officially be COD5, or just COD:MW2?

And I wonder who they'll have you play as in the campaign. Probably SAS again for the Brits, but I wonder which American SOF will get the nod.

Great news either way, WaW is garbage,
theres been lots of rumors and speculation. on some gaming forums people are saying a good bet you may be able to play as the Pakistan ISI /SSG.Sothey change it up a little. I hope its true

COD is really a great game and I definately have fun whenever I play...
But I just can't Pwn like I do in Halo so, not that excited

Great News. I logged crazy hours in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I didn't get WAW because they brought it back to the old setting. Anyone know if InfinityWard will be doing the whole project?

Originally Posted by maddog345

Great News. I logged crazy hours in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I didn't get WAW because they brought it back to the old setting. Anyone know if Infinity Ward will be doing the whole project?
yes it has been confirmed

Back
Top Bottom