but they all sold out
laugh.gif
frown.gif

was excited to hear kanye was closing and to get that sold out
mad.gif
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

any NTrs going?

i'll probably stop by on Friday night and sometime during the day on Saturday to check it out. It's about a mile down the street from my house so thankfully I can just walk there. I will try to take some pics with my crappy cameraphone and post em up on NT.

if the event is showing up as sold out, i doubt it, but hey worth a shot?

i was lucky enough to get my passes through my wifes work. Her agency handles the advertising for Activision so the entire office was invited to the event by Activision. The wife tried to ask for extra passes so I could bring a friend, but they said no. Sucks.

you guys think it would be hard to sneak into something like this

or bribe security?

sneaking in maybe.

It looks like the gameplay sections are all going to be setup indoors with limited points of entry which will undoubtedly be staffed.

The outside area where the zipline, scrapyard level, and other stuff is is probably more wide open. The area where they are setting up is basically an office complex surrounded by a lot of graded but undeveloped dirt land. Its going to be really tough for them to fully enclose the area with fences.

When I go to walk my dog tonight, I will try to walk around the venue and do some recon work to see how the setup looks.

I was able to hit the event up. Also got tickets through the advertising agency that I'm at (like Mojodmonky1's wife) that works on Activision.
It was a cool event, a little lackluster that what I had expected but IMO the amount of time that I heard you had to wait in line for zip line, paintball, jeep ride, video game play, etc were not worth it. 

Kanye's performance was enhhh. Close to exact same set he did at Coachella (from what I hear) and he didn't connect with the crowd at all so it was super impersonal. Did his thing for about 2 hours and bounced. 

yea i was pretty disappointed myself with the lines. All I did was walk around, then get my gift bag and bounce. The lines were OD long. Had I known the stupid ND v. USF game was going to take 12 hours to complete due to weather, I might have stayed and waited in what looked like a 2 hour line just to play MW3.

I was so fed up with the crowds that I didnt even bother staying or coming back for the Kanye concert. My little buddy NikeVandal lucked out and he happened to be on NT Saturday evening so I could get a hold of him to give him my wristbands. I'm glad someone got to go and enjoy the show.

I thought the Kanye performance wasn't that bad, since I wasn't in attendance @ Coachella. A bunch of folks just expected him to hop on stage with a DJ and nothing else, and perform until 10:00PM like the schedule said.

I got reimbursed for my ticket purchase by my work and I was able to flip the giftbag for $200+ on eBay, so in essence, I went to this convention for free, made $200+, and got to see Kanye for it. I walked outta there feeling pretty good.

(The gender ratio was absolutely terrible too
laugh.gif
... until Kanye came out. By then, it was pretty much 2 - 3 females for every dude.)

Lines for all the attractions were beyond stupid. I didn't even go on Friday, but I heard it was practically shoulder-to-shoulder type of crowded that day.

Saturday, lines were still so long, my friends and I couldn't do !@#$ but play MW3 multiplayer, which was the 1 thing we didn't want to do there.

If this is gonna be a yearly thing they'll hammer out like their CoD franchise, it better be well-planned the next time around, and they better bring 2Pac out to perform to get me to go again.

Back
Top Bottom