Calling a SPADE a SPADE as usual...

Posted in NIKE RETRO by NTer "Scootyluvs6s
Quote:
Went to DC to get them and one spot didn't have them yet and Major was charging $200 for the Trainer 3's. Yeah right. I really think those dudes believe that they're the only place that gets clothes and sneakers cause as soon as he said that to my girl and I, we laughed, and we just walked out and didn't even speak. So I made a few calls and got them at a Sports Zone for retail. I had to do a little hunting but I got them. The last time I even go down near Major in Georgetown.
:smh:
smh.gif

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - We are RESPECTED for a reason...
'TeePeso,' 'Destination Kicks,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz,' 'MyTSharp'​

Kev, ironically, liljase showed me that same post yesterday when we were out PGP. I was crackin' up to myself.

That's not the first price-jack though. My thing is this...I understand bills gotta be paid but $200 from $120 is just unreasonable. I can see $150 at most...and that's still a big jump...but $200 is a no-no. That kinda stuff will turn people away for good and leave a bad taste.

A good scheme would be their standard midnight release that allows people the chance to get the kicks at A LITTLE over retail...not at eBay prices.
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

Kev, what did I tell you about when I was there before the summit. It's like your a damn Nike exec, everythings gotta be spick and span when you're coming around.
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

I thought I was one of the few and its funny because I was talking about this with at least 7 people between Fri and Sun. I have never liked Major. I don't like complaining about it because I don't really like complaining about things like this (no one is forcing me to go to their shop). But given that I have some free time and it seems like I finally ran into some people that are not on Major's scrotum then I will explain why I don't like them.

I do understand business and agree with Lavan in that bills must be paid but come on.

First of I don't like their customer service. I understand that if a guy comes into their shop looking like the picture right next to the definition of a HYPEBEAST and then I come in usually looking like I stumbled into the wrong store (most of the time). Let me explain, when I go shopping I like being comfortable as hell since I usually hit up a good amount of spots in one day. I don't like modeling for other guys, other then then the few females that work at spots around here the spots are always filled with 95% dudes so why runway for them? Just seems silly/undercover @#%$.

Me:
Running Shoes
Whatever shirt looks the most comfortable that given day
Jeans
Nothing Flashy or nice just comfortable

So given all this I DO understand why they would immediately flock to help the Hypebeast. But at the same time I dont like being looked at or serviced like "he's probably not going to buy anything", "he has no idea where he's at", "hurry up man there is so many hypebeasts in here waiting to throw money at us and your waisting my time", "have you even heard of this brand before?"

given that they don't say these things to my face but there are looks and attitudes and body language that I'm going on. So just because I don't look like a hypebeast I don't get good service?

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

On the mark up issue it's just plain stupid. Did anyone see how much they were selling the Jason LRG hoody for? $200 :wow:
eek.gif

and now the trainers? Whats next? Some new Major fitted limited to 30 in the universe selling for $90 + Tax + Your lucky we even sold to you fee? I feel as if Major is up on a cloud right now feeling like the DC's SUPREME. Maybe they feel as if their consumer base is so solidified that they can give customers this type of treatment but they have not been open long enough too feel this way. They are no Supreme, they are not even Major. Actually I believe that someone should petition a name Change on the grounds of false advertisement and petition it be change to:

Minor "Never Major after the first weeks"

Thanks for reading this far haha
just venting what I feel

And since I'm feeling inspired and watched some Rev's house last night I'll leave you all with this:

Being major is not where you shop but what you do to advance within the rankings of life. Through education and hard work. Not brands and exclusivity. If you can balance all of this then you are major. Setting Major goals in life, having major aspirations, having major work ethic etc. After all of this then all of the Major brands and material items will come accordingly.

Amen

Alright.

"The Badgeman," here is where I'm coming from...

Sorry if my "past" comes into effect here, but, it is what it is...

This shoe s @#%$ t is nothing but a hustle; nothing but a food chain. From top to bottom.

A FOOD CHAIN.

Sweatshops get how much from NIKE to make these shoes?

Nike charges how much to stores with accounts?

Stores charge how much MSRP to the consumer?

The consumer "eBay's" the item to others for how much?​

ACCOUNTyourfaulty.

That's right, I said it.

Period.

Done.

But of course, this is from a hustler's perspective. Forgive me.

'TeePeso,' 'Destination Kicks,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz,' 'MyTSharp'​

Quote:
you taking it to them at the store though......[dun dun, dun dun......] the plot thickens...
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
If people don't like it then stop shopping there instead of complaining about it.
:rolleyes
eyes.gif

Wisely stated Badgeman completely agree. If people don't like it then stop shopping there instead of complaining about it. Educate yourself. Then major will realize that they are doing something wrong and will have to make "Major" moves. Laws of business. Same people that complain are the same people giving them business. Kind of like the Jordan situation right now, people complaining about cheap products and ugly color ways as they are in the process of lining up to purchase the shoe. Where is the logic?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well...I could see if maybe they were the only game in town with those kicks then people might get a little heated but to me it's pretty much the equivalent of Giant wanting $20 for a 6-pack of beer; if you saw that happen you'd just roll out to Safeway and pay $5 and be done with it. To use a variation of the overused quote it's all just shoes and kicks in the end, it's nothing that's truly needed for sustenance. And people can gripe about a store all they want but when I see or hear complaints it seems to me that people want love from shop employees so badly and then get butt hurt when it doesn't happen, personally as long as a shop doesn't refuse to sell an item to me or pull the wrong size I got no issues.
THAT WAS A PIMP SCHOOL MAN!

@ eoh..i have an issue with their integrity as a store. i feel their track record is one of some poor decisions, in relationship building. i wish prosperity for all but some of these things can come back to haunt you.....

this is not just a situation with major but even with the stockex too...
www.iamhofe.com

Badgeman I don't know if you took me the wrong way but I don't mean I expect them to pamper me and I agree as long as they don't refuse to sell to me then I'm good thats why I said I don't like complaining about this kind of situation but at the same time Why should I have to wait 2-3X as long to get someone to go and get my size or to answer a question on an item just because how I'm dressed on a given day? You feel me?

EOH- I guess I didn't express my point clearly enough and yes your are right this is the purpose of the discussion board. And My comment was too general to explain my POV. I'm referring to people who complain about the same thing over and over? Get what i mean? When is the Light bulb going to be switched? I'm not going on you and your situation as a reseller, I totally agree with the food chain. What I meant were other aspects of their business and kinda giving solutions to my own problems with major and to people that have the same issues to them as I do. But yes this is a message board and if people stopped giving their opinions and complaining then this great thing we all love called NikeTalk would not exist.

Food Chain example makes a lot of sense.

Major is already seing a profit of like $55-$65 per pair. To raise the price to $200...is pure greed.

Like I said, I can agree with $150. Not $200.

It's the same situation as the MF Doom release...I could understand it when stores were charging $150 for a shoe that would have typically been marked at $120. The Transformers Pack had nowhere near the hype that the MF Dooms had. Further proving that $200 is rediculous.
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

Badgeman I get you I just didn't want NikeTalk to think my comments were made because my " butt hurt " LOL

In the age of everyone and their illegitimate-baby's-mother's-cousin's-nephew's-next-door-neighbor having a blog, and every possible hobby having message boards out the wazoo this is outrageous. There's a reason why I haven't bought a pair of shoes from a brick-and-mortar store is over a year. This is why I need a store though.

JEWS SHOES (Greg you down?)
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

Glen, if you opened a store it would defy all odds. First, it'd violate the Child Labor Laws...ans second, it'd abide by the Equal Employment Opportunity Laws.

It'd make history.

I'd support it though.

Destination Kicks is better than Jews Shoes...lol.
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

You're right, first interview question, "Have you ever worked for DownTown LockerRoom?... Oh you have... I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Sikeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I actually would have a customer serice policy that would make most cringe. If you're ever caught not searchign for an item a customer asks for... Fired. Don't want to greet a customer?... Might as well not even pick up your name tag.

People think I'm kidding, but I really have a 15+ page business plan for Destination Kicks, filled with shop layouts, logo designs, policies, product lines to be carried, crunched numbers. I just need someone to believe in me.

I don't always agree with everything Kev says....but in this case he is absolutely right. It is to the point where they are just trying to exploit the consumer.
Now I'm "Back A-gain", just like flash was
Bad like Shaft was, react like Cassius...Mr. Gixxers MyspaceVa's Blog

Lol, will the local artists pay my start-up costs? If so, then it pertains, if not, no. Lol. Trust me my Biz.Plan has ideas for events many of which include local artist exposure.

Wow.

23 replies in 2 hours.......

Back
Top Bottom