Calling a SPADE a SPADE as usual...

What the @#%$ is up with you dudes saying you "rarely agree" with me and my posts/views? :lol:
laugh.gif
But I distress.............................................MAJORnothingnothingbut nothing hereOh, Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaight. first thingWhat I initially posted is NOT MY REAL STANCE ON THIS SITUATION, BUT I AM ON THE BUSINESS SAID AND "ENTHUSIASTS" SIDE OF THIS HOBBY, SO..."PURE HypocritesMAJOR sold out. As usual. So.............

Obviously, dudes too b @#%$ h to make a post on here, so as usual, I'll be the voice of the people and let people say what they gotta say on my dime/responsibility/umberella.

Having a true voice in this forum has its responsibility. :smh:
smh.gif
trulyMAJOR
Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - We are RESPECTED for a reason...
'TeePeso,' 'Destination Kicks,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz,' 'MyTSharp'​

Well if it gets locked then I need to make a thread about my store so we can all continue discussing it!
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

its Georgetown.....deal with it, everything is going to be priced a little higher.
Team Aim Chat
> Ole Miss <

Glenn, I did the trademark search buddy, and nothing came up. You'd better do that ASAP.
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

^^ Or you will be driving one day and see:

DESTINATION KICKS
Brought to you by ROCKDEEP

Also selling Everyday PPLE

lol
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Maybe so...I did the uspto Trademark Search for it and got a blank results page.

Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

Better get crackalatin on that Glenn....

Or you will have to pay me Royalties!! lol
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Rock....let's split the fees, and sell it to Glenn for a huge mark-up....MAJOR style.
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

Ok...

I HAD to laugh on that one.

EOH - I see what your saying and like Ive said I agree with you in that people should do their own thing and research calling Major directly instead of you. You Started this thread for the reasons you already stated. But why should the thread be locked now? I mean it went a different direction and people stared "knocking on Major" but thats good right? after all you did say this yesterday:

"Word to "Method Man," y'all kill me. This is a message board.

A message board TO complain, bring up issues, discuss things, etc.

F' outta here with that "stop complaining, don't buy" nonsense. This is a message board last I checked. :rolleyes
eyes.gif
ed expressing why it was a wrong move on majors behalf, some explained underlying factors to Majors decision as a business, some argued about Georgetown's integrity as a shopping district (Today not 5-10 years back), some went on a totally different direction, but thats good were discussing the issue and other matters that are somewhat relevant. Why should this be shut down? (not rhetorical)

Everytime I time I am in DC I cop a Major New Era. They are price fairly. I do not cop the sneakers necessarily(sp). The customer service isnt bad. If I wanted to cop some sneakers from Major and they were overpriced I would not appreciate it because as a consumer all I ask for is good customer service, quality product and a reasonable price. What is resonable to me may not be fair to the next man. I guess the individual customer has to determine what is good customer service, quality product and fair price and business will have to determine if they want to over/under charge if they see fit. We all have to live with the decisions we make buyer and seller alike,but a customer positive or negative experience will always affect the bottom line of a business, if not today then later.
STOCKS & BONDS
TEES COMING SOON

it seems to me that major has gambled that the sneaker "collecting" trend will continue for much longer then i do.

i believe that it will have it's run like currently then something else will take it's place. major believes that with the trendiness of sneakers they can take advantage of being a "sneaker boutique" to the masses. the casual shopper, the people who are buying shoes for trendy reason, doesn't care about mark-ups, and outrageous pricing. The trendy people are lookin' to have the next "got to have" shoe.

A lot of the people on this bored are not that audience. Major's campaign, strategy then is not directed towards sneaker enthusiast, and people who have been collecting for longer then a year. They are going for the new kids on the block, and they believe they can charge that person a premium because of the "hype" surrounding shoes.

i believe that the shoe collecting "trend" will end, and stores like major, and other shops will have to rely on the core sneakerheads to sustain them . once this happens, your relationships, customer service, and other non tangible things will buoy you while you weather the revenue fluctuation. i dont think the current strategy will make that job easy.
www.iamhofe.com

B, you have a point...I do agree that the "beasting" will get old...and people who buy what they like will still buy what they like...Until then, Major will charge $200 for anything that's "hyped". (i.e. Aqua 8s, Jason Hoody, Transformer Trainers)
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

I gotta interject again.

I have to ask this question of everyone who thinks that only Hypebeasts and Sneakerheads buy shoes?

They don't. They are a portion of the shoe buying public.

The section of people buying shoes in Georgetown include: And this is just being honest not stereotypes:

White Rich Kids who wear Casual kicks to wear to clubs

Middle Eastern guys who go to MANY of the Mid town Uptown and downtown clubs in Puma Sneaks and a Shirt so small you can see their heart beat. Please include Black kids biting their style thinking Young Jeans are good for future kids.

Out of towners, who walk the streets of M and Wisconsin who see trendy stuff, as Whyblaque stated and think.. "I have to have that"

And EVERY OTHER RACE CREED AND RELIGION who thinks buying a shoe kin Georgetown be it at Major or ANY other place is sheek. Why? So they can say "yeah.. I got those at Georgetown" Not "Yeah I got those at Major"

I am pretty sure Underdog and Duk-ki don't just cater to or see Hypebeast kids and Sneaker Collectors being a patron of their store.

You guys gotta realize.. I don't think Social Study...Commonwealth or any other Boutique shop actually cater to JUST that type of customer. Foot traffic is foot traffic.

But in G-town.. Foot traffic means pushin the limits of that dollar up a bit.

I can see where MANY of you would be concerned about customer service. But Customer service has nothing to do with Pricing.

I can be as Nice as I want to be with you and show you all around my Store.. and then say: "That will be 1 MILLION Dollars Please!!!!"

Does the price tag make my Customer service any less?

Just know. We are NOT the only types of Customers who buy shoes considered a shoe a Hypebeast or Shoe head would purchase.

Just my rant.

damn so now the "people" cant voice there opinions Kev :lol:
laugh.gif

and I see what your saying now Rock and my personal dislike is along the lines of everyone elses complaint although im sure most of you think otherwise, could give a @#%$ though, im speaking on the price points only, no strings attatched...Urban was not the best word for what I was trying to say, and I definately was not basing it off of the you and I shopping there. What I was trying to say is, most of what Georgetown is today, is geared toward the "Youth". I have shopped in many states and very few out of the country, just off knowledge alone, and im sorry I just could never consider Georgetown high end shopping. There is no store (imo) you can actually call high end, and @#%$ even the Barneys isnt necesarily high end because it is the CO-OP and not the actual thing. The CO-OP is geared towards a younger crowd. Location, ok you win that part, but imma pause. Rock
Quote:
I can see where MANY of you would be concerned about customer service. But Customer service has nothing to do with Pricing.

I can be as Nice as I want to be with you and show you all around my Store.. and then say: "That will be 1 MILLION Dollars Please!!!!"

Does the price tag make my Customer service any less?

Rock has a good point! but i think people are clouding thier initial discretion with personal views, natural addition to negativity.
I see where whyblaque
Team DC/MD/VA
"EQAUL OPPORTUNITY RACIST"
O.G. Member DreadHeadTHE MANGO JUICE KEEPS DRIPPIN

"Flaaaaaaaaaaaaashing Liiiiiiiiiiights..."

Duh.Duh.Duh.Duh.Duh.Duh.Duh.

"balla,"

(shuman15 already knows this) Don't take any of my posts on here seriously. Real talk. I'll ezbox you so we won't go back and forth here.

King Antag. in the hez-house.

Nothing more, nothing less.

'TeePeso,' 'Destination Kicks,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz,' 'MyTSharp'​

Quote:
Glenn, I did the trademark search buddy, and nothing came up. You'd better do that ASAP.

Damn, you caught me.

Quote:
^^ Or you will be driving one day and see:

DESTINATION KICKS
Brought to you by ROCKDEEP

Also selling Everyday PPLE

lol

Ouch...

Quote:
Rock....let's split the fees, and sell it to Glenn for a huge mark-up....MAJOR style.
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

Instead of talking about it on a message board, I think we should demand answers from the shop directly.

I've always liked the shop, but if some people have real strong opinions about their business practices, I say we meet up at the shop this week and voice the concerns.

Anybody want to organize?

Yall talk entirely too much...

About stuff that doesnt even matter..

Yeah i said it....
The Real.

^
Get a grip young buck. You are entitled to your opinion, like everyone else here, but...

If topics like this aren't brought up -- as "MyTSharp" alluded to in another thread here -- this forum would be dead. That's not DC/MD/VA. This fourm relects how PEOPLE are in the area. And, for the most part, people from the metropolitan area are very opinionated. Thus.................

"Chad Woods,"

I'm going to the store when they open this morning. I didn't get the chance to go yesterday because I got stuck upstate and in Bmore.

But either way -- I will repeat -- they sold out of the trainers before Saturday was even done. YOU personally weren't a customer in line, then shell-shocked by the price quote, so why do you or any other outsider need an explaination?

It's business. It's their business.

You can be critical. You can avoid spending your money there. However, MAJOR is gonna keep pushing (obviously), so again, if you weren't there at midnight last Saturday, then just keep it moving... OR go to the store and holla at the owners on your personal time (you can assume I already had a phone call, lol).

One thing about "KDAY" and Udog -- they both are "people persons" and don't mind chatting it up, especially if you are respectful and sincere.

Nothing was done sexest, or racists, so again, its their business and you (knock on wood) have other options like DTLR, Shoe City, eBay, etc. as the consumer. So, explaination for what?

This is where I am on this issue (by the way, this is my HONEST stance). If you guys knew how horrible retail is right now, and how NIKE truly opperates with stores with accounts (especially non-chain stores, like MAJOR), you'd have a better understanding.

Unfortunately, NIKE folks read this site more than you or I do. So, my lips are shut. lol.

I aint tellin....

yall mad...

who cares? like really...DTLR been in business for years now..them dudes dont even greet you when you walk in...not ever...why complain about just MAJORs customer service?

look at the @#%$ GAS PRICES...thats something i would complain about...@#%$ that 1 lil pair of shoes, they not even tight...they can mark them up as much as they want... @#%$ i care

im opinionated

and yeah i said it

and "Badgeman" your response was dumb as @#%$ you just wanted to say something to me...when did i say anything about spiritual enlightenment? At the end of the day what did this prove? Nothing...the shoes are $200...people bought them...when some new @#%$ comes out...Major is going to have it...sell it for whatever they want and people are going to buy it..

@#%$
The Real.

Back
Top Bottom