Calling a SPADE a SPADE as usual...

"BB King"

Ironically, YOU are the one sounding "mad."

People are just bringing up their views/stance intelligently/calcualated on an issue that is complex (meaning, giving the situation, there is really no right or wrong answers). Which, again, makes this forum so great IMO.

Log off NT and pay attention in class son, please.

lol.

Edit --
And if you ever come to any of "my" DTLR stores, trust, you are getting greeted at the door. YOU are the one who won't speak back. So please........................

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - We are RESPECTED for a reason...
'TeePeso,' 'Destination Kicks,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz,' 'MyTSharp'​

Beltway, you did seem a little angry. He was the first person in this whole thread to really post a disgruntal remark.

Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

I do have to admit though.

If you walk in the DTLR in Oxon Hill Plaza.....

You are lucky to get them to stop THEIR Convo to answer a question for real!! lol

But after they see you are buying something, they do put the full service in affect.. or is that effect?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Been away for a minute...a lot of good points on this thread.

All I want to know is.........who paid the five?! :wow:
eek.gif
Episode 5!!! That's Right, Episode 5!!! www.myspace.com/kickinitinthecity
(KICKIN' IT IN THE CITY!!! feat Sneakermane & Harmcityhustler Click the link and enjoy!!! )
TEAM
B A L T I M O R E
WEST B-MORE CHAPTER

Is that $198 shipped? What about Paypal fees? Are they included? Do you have size 13?

[[ some fool will think I'm for real]]
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

BeltwayBoy

It's ok young homey...just finish up your homework so you can watch your 30 minutes of TV at 8pm.

Have a good night.

Don't forget to say your prayers and wash your face and hands before going to bed.

Okay?
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

:smh:
smh.gif

"And I don't need a hook for this shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeettttt..."
Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - We are RESPECTED for a reason...
'TeePeso,' 'Destination Kicks,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz,' 'MyTSharp'​

but shouldnt the question also be why dont we talk about greg at elites and palace5ive? their mark up is worse...

Team DC/MD/VA​

Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
young black and dashing like Sydney in his prime in a black film classic

you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

what about the almighty markdown...

if a nike goadome, flightposite, foamposite is marked down by a retailer, nike gets upset at the retailer and questions their presentation of their brand...

welp...

what about the markup?

True Ian..

Very True.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

and it continues...@#%$ all on each others @#%$ on the internet..lol!!

yall talking about me being young...yall @#%$ 30 still on a online forum 13 hours out of your 16 hours awake during the day LOL!!

Now really go back and read this last page and see whos salty...who has that Lawrys LOL

def not me...yall grown men and steamin out your ears over some @#%$ a 16 yo said..

and of course this being the DC/MD/VA forum...@#%$ scared to go agains ANYTHING the "popular" say so they continue like everybody else in the area and hop on...lmao!!

dont bash me...keep it 100 all the way around with yallselves!
The Real.

major needs money that bad?

and beltway.. I know u a good stand up dude.. but I got the wrong impression of you after you started "backing" up ..... WALE..
roll.gif

^I don't think major needs money that bad like commonwealth. It's always packed in there whenever I go.

Retail stores ALWAYS need more money, thats the only way to survive.

Just as someone had mentioned earlier, they are basically jacking up tjhe prices themselves before WE get the shoes and Ebay them with ridiculous mark ups.

Let me play Devil's Advocate for a couple of seconds. Business 101 teaches things like the customer is always right, you've got to have the best price.Now, the real world is different. There is a guy named Dan Kennedy who is a marketing guru and a copywriter. He earns mega-bucks and has spawned an army ofstudents who have also become highly paid gurus. He takes the exact opposite approach. He doesn't think very highly of price shoppers. He thinks you shouldfire customers every once in a while (mainly by raising prices). He thinks the customer is almost never right.

Dan tells a story about how he was talking to a Chirpractor who had about one hundred clients. The chirpractor wanted to know how he could make more money. Dantold him to triple his prices. The Chirpractor said "I'll lose half my clients!!". Dan asked, "So what's the problem? You'll makemore money and work only half as hard!"

Many customers are price shoppers, but there are also A LOT of people out there that can't spend money fast enough. They actually do reverse priceshopping. They look for the highest price to pay. Why? Because it is about how you position yourself. My main business is real estate investment but I also owna commerical and residential carpet cleaning company. I tell my residential technicians and especially my commerical sales people that if a customer startsasking about prices and mentions that a competitor charges this price, just say to them "Our customers never said were are the chepeast, but they did saywe are the best". That is what positioning is about. Sometimes it's okay to say I'm going to charge 3x as much as everyone else and not apologizefor it. I don't criticize business owners for charging too much or too little. I'm not saying I always agree or that I will give my business to thatcompany. But I get it. It's more than one way to skin a cat. If they are right they will thrive, if not they will go out of business

Remember, the person originally quoted said they did a little bit of leg work and they got the shoes for retail. Please realize there are people that don'twant to do even a LITTLE bit of legwork. They want it now and to a certain extent don't care what it costs. Major may know that they can get thepsudeo-sneakerheads for $200.

Originally Posted by Realstar1

Let me play Devil's Advocate for a couple of seconds. Business 101 teaches things like the customer is always right, you've got to have the best price. Now, the real world is different. There is a guy named Dan Kennedy who is a marketing guru and a copywriter. He earns mega-bucks and has spawned an army of students who have also become highly paid gurus. He takes the exact opposite approach. He doesn't think very highly of price shoppers. He thinks you should fire customers every once in a while (mainly by raising prices). He thinks the customer is almost never right.

Dan tells a story about how he was talking to a Chirpractor who had about one hundred clients. The chirpractor wanted to know how he could make more money. Dan told him to triple his prices. The Chirpractor said "I'll lose half my clients!!". Dan asked, "So what's the problem? You'll make more money and work only half as hard!"

Many customers are price shoppers, but there are also A LOT of people out there that can't spend money fast enough. They actually do reverse price shopping. They look for the highest price to pay. Why? Because it is about how you position yourself. My main business is real estate investment but I also own a commerical and residential carpet cleaning company. I tell my residential technicians and especially my commerical sales people that if a customer starts asking about prices and mentions that a competitor charges this price, just say to them "Our customers never said were are the chepeast, but they did say we are the best". That is what positioning is about. Sometimes it's okay to say I'm going to charge 3x as much as everyone else and not apologize for it. I don't criticize business owners for charging too much or too little. I'm not saying I always agree or that I will give my business to that company. But I get it. It's more than one way to skin a cat. If they are right they will thrive, if not they will go out of business

Remember, the person originally quoted said they did a little bit of leg work and they got the shoes for retail. Please realize there are people that don't want to do even a LITTLE bit of legwork. They want it now and to a certain extent don't care what it costs. Major may know that they can get the psudeo-sneakerheads for $200.

I dont even know why im back here but realstar, that explanation was marvelous. I appreciate that bit of info andwill make a mental note of this certain aspect of business. well said.

The explanation is EXACTLY why I raise my rates for graphics. Yes, I does turn certain people away....but most people stick with me because I do qaulity workin a timely fashion. I used to charge $50 for flyers until I realize how many I was doing and how much time I was wasting. When I raised the rates, people paidit and didn't complain.

Back
Top Bottom