Calling all Greeks (Frat/Soror) x Christians. vol: You've got some 'splaining to do...

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Well phaze1123 stated that: "The foundation of Omega is in Christianity and Christian values..."

I Drink Your Milkshake also stated that : "I know the Deltas definitely have Christianity as a pillar.... "

Ask yourself, are these realities or perceptions...? From my point of view, those statements are opinions (perceptions). The association of these greek organization with pagan/egyptian gods is definitely factual (reality) though. The evidence is quite clear in a few cases where the representative god is overtly displayed on some crest and/or emblem of prominence.

I highly doubt that the founders of black greek organizations were undercover pagans. But, be aware that black greek organizations, in some ways, stem from white greek organizations. The relationship is not direct but there is definitely a relationship. With this in mind, and taking into the account that black greek organizations are a response and in some ways, an off shoot of white greek organization, the real question becomes--"were the founders of most of these white greek organization possibly undercover pagans"...and to be honest, I think so. Especially when you realize that the "free-masons", possibly the oldest "brotherhood" in existance, and possibly the blue print from which many, or a few, of these white greek organizations are based on, is heavily inundated with pagan rituals, symbols, and gods.

To me, the fact that all these organizations have some association with some pagan/egyptian god is proof enough that this is more than a random correlation--which is what I assume you're implying (i could be wrong in my interpretation h/e). And even if these correlations come with the territory--then we're right back at my OG question, which is inferred (I would hope) in my OG post. Which asks whether it is appropriate for Christians to associate with the aforemention fraternities and sororities--greek organizations-- which clearly show associations and correlations to pagan/egyptian gods.

But christianity ITSELF is heavily centered around Pagan traditions...
If anything, people of african decent should lean more towards african ideologies more than anything
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Well phaze1123 stated that: "The foundation of Omega is in Christianity and Christian values..."

I Drink Your Milkshake also stated that : "I know the Deltas definitely have Christianity as a pillar.... "

Ask yourself, are these realities or perceptions...? From my point of view, those statements are opinions (perceptions). The association of these greek organization with pagan/egyptian gods is definitely factual (reality) though. The evidence is quite clear in a few cases where the representative god is overtly displayed on some crest and/or emblem of prominence.

I highly doubt that the founders of black greek organizations were undercover pagans. But, be aware that black greek organizations, in some ways, stem from white greek organizations. The relationship is not direct but there is definitely a relationship. With this in mind, and taking into the account that black greek organizations are a response and in some ways, an off shoot of white greek organization, the real question becomes--"were the founders of most of these white greek organization possibly undercover pagans"...and to be honest, I think so. Especially when you realize that the "free-masons", possibly the oldest "brotherhood" in existance, and possibly the blue print from which many, or a few, of these white greek organizations are based on, is heavily inundated with pagan rituals, symbols, and gods.

To me, the fact that all these organizations have some association with some pagan/egyptian god is proof enough that this is more than a random correlation--which is what I assume you're implying (i could be wrong in my interpretation h/e). And even if these correlations come with the territory--then we're right back at my OG question, which is inferred (I would hope) in my OG post. Which asks whether it is appropriate for Christians to associate with the aforemention fraternities and sororities--greek organizations-- which clearly show associations and correlations to pagan/egyptian gods.

But christianity ITSELF is heavily centered around Pagan traditions...
If anything, people of african decent should lean more towards african ideologies more than anything
laugh.gif

I definitely don't want to turn this thread into one where we argue the merits of Christianity because I think that's besides the point. If you want tostart another thread for a discussion of that sort, I'm down for it...
laugh.gif

But to address your point-- I've always found it interesting that people are quick to suggest that "Christianity...is centered around pagantraditions", effectively implying that Christianity was birthed, developed, and burrows much of it's canonical doctrine from Paganism and yet, no oneever suggest the possibility of the opposite. Which is that, paganism is nothing more than a deviated response to monotheism. Sure, the term"Christianity" is infantile in relation to paganism, but the monotheistic force that became known as "Christianity", is certainly olderthan the term and possibly precedes "paganism"....In this respect, "Christianity"/monotheism centered around paganism...or is paganismnothing more than the response to an older system of belief--monotheism (Christianity/Islam...w/e)

But like I said, this is a debate I would prefer to carry on in another thread because I'd prefer to keep the "issue at hand"centered...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
No lie SA, I was thinking about this not too long ago. I'm not inanything btw. Nice thread
laugh.gif

I saw this vid...well sequence of vids.

Didn't bother to make a thread cause...I know no one would just talk...they instead are responding to non greeks with a highly dismissive tone instead ofeven discussing it....

When someone can tell me what's ok about there being a Skull on the Sg Rho crest...I'll go away
laugh.gif

But I'mma just chill...someone is gonna say some real disrespectful !*$! and try to accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about (as usually goeswhen you criticize something people deeply believe in)

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

the whole frat thing is stupid.
you must really hate partying and hooking up with girls
grin.gif

not to mention we get better grades than the kids who are not in frats.

Hell, christianity itself ripped almost everything from pagan traditions/"lessor gods"/other religions.
/thread

are you inferring you have to be in an org to party and pull joints?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You do know thats very possible just being a regular person right?

I, like phaze1123, am a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Incorporated. When I watched the video I came to the realization that the man in the video did whatmost people who aren't greek do, and made a lot of speculations and false "connections" if you will. I speak only on the organization that I ampart of because that is what I know. As stated previously in this thread, the foundation of my fraternity is built upon very deep rooted Christian values andthe bible could very weell be the history book. It's really hard to fully know about something when you're on the outside looking in, especially whenthe members strive to keep things just that way. For the secrets of the organization to stay exactly that, secrets. If you want to know more about anyorganization I highly suggest going to the national website and reading everything that you can.

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

grin.gif

Hell, christianity itself ripped almost everything from pagan traditions/"lessor gods"/other religions.
/thread

are you inferring you have to be in an org to party and pull joints?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You do know thats very possible just being a regular person right?

That's not even the worst part of what he's saying.

From my interpretation of things, dude seems to be suggesting that the whole idea of being in frat = partying and pulling chicks...

Which further begs the question, "Is it wise for a Christian to associate and be involved with these organizations..."

People are trying to find answers but the people in the orgs are avoiding it for some reason( maybe it's a rule or something), but even if the orgs arebased on christian values then what do the egyptian/pagan symbols have to do with it?

KB8sandiego: Since you are born again Christian, why did you leave the org (assuming you left since you stated you were in one). You don't have to answerthat if thats your preference.

What about Alpha Nu Omega?? Aren't they like a Christian fraternity/sorority??? I know they use Greeksymbols, but I doubt they have any direct correlation to pagan/egyptian gods, rituals, etc.

Then again, I could be wrong because I'm not in a fraternity...

grin.gif

indifferent.gif
I hope that youweren't serious...

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

::Yawwwwn:: Here we go again. Alpha is NOT the head of my life, GOD is. I cant speak for all of my brothers ,or the rest of the NPHC for that matter, but I assume that majority feel like me.

Oh yea, cant leave without one of these............ 1 1 1 1 9

thread is amusing to say the least.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

::Yawwwwn:: Here we go again. Alpha is NOT the head of my life, GOD is. I cant speak for all of my brothers ,or the rest of the NPHC for that matter, but I assume that majority feel like me.

Oh yea, cant leave without one of these............ 1 1 1 1 9

thread is amusing to say the least.

I was waiting for you to chime in, lol... thread is laughable.

I am on the outside looking in, but to say the least, I've done enough research and have enough family members to know enough. vid is def reaching.

I mean if there is an issue with all these things, then what exactly are you saying about MLK jr., Ralph Abernathy, Rev. Jessie Jackson, Rev. Marvin Sapp (whoJUST became a member of Kappa Alpha Psi this year) who are all or at one time were members of the greek organizations mentioned in this video. Do all of themworship pagan gods as well?

Or maybe, just maybe, they joined their respective organizations for the actual purposein which the organizations weere founded: To better the community, to beupstanding members of their community, to actually make great changes that affect all people, regardless of color, culture or creed (Not baggin females andpartying like someone ignorantly mentioned).

/rant

i got a couple fam members that are apart of a certain NPHC and from them and from current research of what they're about, do trust they aren'tworshiping greek gods
laugh.gif
....you can't even speak on it because you dont even know anything about these organizations and what they stand for....

Originally Posted by sneekerluvr

I, like phaze1123, am a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Incorporated. When I watched the video I came to the realization that the man in the video did what most people who aren't greek do, and made a lot of speculations and false "connections" if you will. I speak only on the organization that I am part of because that is what I know. As stated previously in this thread, the foundation of my fraternity is built upon very deep rooted Christian values and the bible could very weell be the history book. It's really hard to fully know about something when you're on the outside looking in, especially when the members strive to keep things just that way. For the secrets of the organization to stay exactly that, secrets. If you want to know more about any organization I highly suggest going to the national website and reading everything that you can.

i think the point SA is making is "christians" particularly moderate and conservative ones often seek to distance themselves from and denounce thingsthat are seen as blasphemous and un-christian.

the fact that a fraternity uses a "pagan" god as a figure head (im not speaking on your fraternity in particular) and conducts secret rituals andinitiations is innately blasphemous, regardless of whatever you may think "the foundations" of that frat are. blindfolding... night chants...pledges of loyalty...

if you're a true practicing, believing, christian then you know all these things are frowned upon by every church and the bible itself. so to try tojustify it by saying "oh well they encourage christianity and tell us to..." is silly, because just by being a member of a fraternity (a word that ishonestly almost interchangeable with "cult") you're going against those traditional christian principles.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I, like phaze1123, am a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Incorporated. When I watched the video I came to the realization that the man in the video did what most people who aren't greek do, and made a lot of speculations and false "connections" if you will. I speak only on the organization that I am part of because that is what I know. As stated previously in this thread, the foundation of my fraternity is built upon very deep rooted Christian values and the bible could very weell be the history book. It's really hard to fully know about something when you're on the outside looking in, especially when the members strive to keep things just that way. For the secrets of the organization to stay exactly that, secrets. If you want to know more about any organization I highly suggest going to the national website and reading everything that you can.

i think the point SA is making is "christians" particularly moderate and conservative ones often seek to distance themselves from and denounce things that are seen as blasphemous and un-christian.

the fact that a fraternity uses a "pagan" god as a figure head (im not speaking on your fraternity in particular) and conducts secret rituals and initiations is innately blasphemous, regardless of whatever you may think "the foundations" of that frat are. blindfolding... night chants... pledges of loyalty...

if you're a true practicing, believing, christian then you know all these things are frowned upon by every church and the bible itself. so to try to justify it by saying "oh well they encourage christianity and tell us to..." is silly, because just by being a member of a fraternity (a word that is honestly almost interchangeable with "cult") you're going against those traditional christian principles.
Night chants?!
laugh.gif
the chants of blackfraternities/sororities are far from pagan rituals and more rooted in African traditions. The dancing or "steppin" too is also rooted in AFRICANtradition.

Yes, fraternaties are fundamentally based on pagan/greek type beliefs, but school fraternities, whether they be black or white, have no such association.

I'd rather be in a fraternity than be Christian.

I remember when I was going through my pledge ceremony, those of us who did not believe in god were asked to raise our hands. Only 3 of us did, and we werepulled aside and spoken to in a separate room. We were told that there were many religious (Christian) undertones throughout the rituals/ceremonies we wereabout to partake in, and we were asked if we wished to continue in the process.

If anything the Greek system tries to draw upon Christian values as a standard to follow.

I personally do not think Christianity has any place in Greek life, but it's there and will stay there for a long time.

Nobody worships any pagan symbols in Black Greek Fraternities or Sororities. Its laughable to think that Alphas pray to the Sphinx for guidance, or forprotection. Think about what you guys call worshipping or idolizing a false god. Because something might mean more to you because you know the history andtradition of it does not mean that you worship it. A dog to an Omega might mean something more to them than a non-greek or even someone who is another GreekFraternity, but in no way do they worship Dogs or any pagan symbols.

Fraternity Secrets are Fraternity Secrets. Im pretty sure I don't know all of the Christian Secrets for example what did the other books say about Jesusthat were edited out of the Bible. Probably the Pope knows...but then again it is a secret and I'm not in the Christian hierarchy to know thatinformation.

Yes you can be Christian, and Greek. I'm Catholic and I'm an Alpha. 06 to the good Bruhs.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by Nako XL

i think the point SA is making is "christians" particularly moderate and conservative ones often seek to distance themselves from and denounce things that are seen as blasphemous and un-christian.

the fact that a fraternity uses a "pagan" god as a figure head (im not speaking on your fraternity in particular) and conducts secret rituals and initiations is innately blasphemous, regardless of whatever you may think "the foundations" of that frat are. blindfolding... night chants... pledges of loyalty...

if you're a true practicing, believing, christian then you know all these things are frowned upon by every church and the bible itself. so to try to justify it by saying "oh well they encourage christianity and tell us to..." is silly, because just by being a member of a fraternity (a word that is honestly almost interchangeable with "cult") you're going against those traditional christian principles.
Night chants?!
laugh.gif
the chants of black fraternities/sororities are far from pagan rituals and more rooted in African traditions. The dancing or "steppin" too is also rooted in AFRICAN tradition.

Yes, fraternaties are fundamentally based on pagan/greek type beliefs, but school fraternities, whether they be black or white, have no such association.
... prior to European colonization and as recently as the 1900s, African traditions were heavily rooted in pagan beliefs, magic, and rituals...

i fail to see the distinction?

especially when you try to draw a line between school fraternities and ... ?

I'm sayin, its AFRICAN tradition. For black people to be disowning African traditions is almost a slap in the face to themselves.

grin.gif

As if being a fraternity has anything to do with those things?

Greek Life = No friends in H.S. + desire to fit in.

I'll admit that i've met some cool dudes in black frats and white/Jewish frats, but the Asian frats are
laugh.gif
. All the Asian frats got on their knees to try and recruit me and my boys.These herbs (Lambdas especially) stalked me for a bit, coming to my dorm unannounced, following me to the mall/Wegmans/library. They left me and my friendsalone after they found out we got into a brawl with some of their guys at UMich and Binghamton. Even today, all these guy add me on Facebook. Ignore, ignore,ignore...
laugh.gif

I'm sayin, its AFRICAN tradition. For black people to be disowning African traditions is almost a slap in the face to themselves.
QFT

The Europeans raped Africa for its knowledge and technology and yall want to act like nothing happened. Most of your philosophers are thieves.

Back
Top Bottom