Calling all NYU alumni/students...

if youre from cali you should take advantage of the awesome UCs
its not worth 60k (which can turn into any magical number after student loans) of your money, or your parent's money for four years.

you mustve applied to some in state schools?  NYU is great but consider schools like ucla and berkeley, youll get the same deal for a fraction of the cost. 

but then again, if you want to get out of cali for a few years then hell yea college is definitely the time to branch out

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

don't do it man. I go to GW and GW and NYU are very similar.

once you get to college, you'll realize that names aren't as important as what you do at a school.
if you're not going for business or tisch, don't go because it's not worth it. honestly, I regret not choosing
a traditional college. being in the city is too much and kills the whole college vibe imo. especially, being from
a beautiful place like the bay, you might not like NYC.

just my opinion though.
I go to GW as well and I love being in the city (even though DC isn't remotely similar to NYC). I don't really care for the school (money, administration, other issues) but the location is great especially for internships and work experience, which is why I picked GW.

I should state that this is the 1st admission that I received so far.
I have yet to hear from
UC berkeley
UCLA
UC irvine
UC davis
UC santa barbara
UC san diego

U virginia
Tufts
Boston College

And i'm definitely keeping my options open right now.
I'm going to visit some of the east coast schools that I get accepted to during spring break so I will make a decision then.

Horrible.

If you get into Virginia then go there and wild the *@@! out. I visited friends there and a couple of times and
eek.gif
. Campus life doesn't get much better.
Unless you're at Pepperdine living right on the %!+@#%@ beach. A whole other story though.
laugh.gif

ohh i'd pick so many of those skools over nyu if i got in. nyu is a cool skool and all but if ure going there for undergrad know that nyc takes away from the nyu campus life. so, you may not get tht usual college life/ campus feel. i'd prolly pick UVA or Wash U if I wanted to go to school on the East. good luck.

i wouldn't go because it has no actual campus. idk if that's something that would bother you

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

If you get into Virginia then go there and wild the *@@! out. I visited friends there and a couple of times and
eek.gif
until you go to penn state
wink.gif

oh #@%@...nyu really doesnt have a campus

if the op wants to be on a campus in nyc while wasting a butt load of money on "education" he should consider st johns

what about the city collages?..im from texas and ive been planning on going to school in NY..

I go to Fordham but I got into NYU when I was applying. Financial aid was the deal breaker for me. Lets see 18k per year for NYU or 8k per year for Fordham. Yea, I def chose Fordham without even hesitation. And at least we have a traditional campus and an athletics program to watch (yes I know it sucks but at least it's D1).

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I go to Fordham but I got into NYU when I was applying. Financial aid was the deal breaker for me. Lets see 18k per year for NYU or 8k per year for Fordham. Yea, I def chose Fordham without even hesitation. And at least we have a traditional campus and an athletics program to watch (yes I know it sucks but at least it's D1).
Professional sports > college sports
happy.gif

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

I should state that this is the 1st admission that I received so far.
I have yet to hear from
UC berkeley
UCLA
UC irvine
UC davis
UC santa barbara
UC san diego

Wash. university st. louis
U virginia
Tufts
Boston College

And i'm definitely keeping my options open right now.
I'm going to visit some of the east coast schools that I get accepted to during spring break so I will make a decision then.
Well you're definitely not hearing from any of them until April 30th, so I guess you've got time to think about this, huh?

EDIT: Wait, are you just coming out of high school?

out of that list, and again depending on yor major and financial aid, these should be your top choices.

berkeley
ucla/virginia
wustl
nyu/rest of ucal schools
bc/tufts

what is your intended major OP?

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

out of that list, and again depending on yor major and financial aid, these should be your top choices.

berkeley
ucla/virginia
wustl
nyu/rest of ucal schools
bc/tufts

what is your intended major OP?
Berkeley checking in... From my experience, you might want to pass on this school, depending on your major of course. If you're an engineer or computer science, this is a decent place,
otherwise I wouldn't recommend it. On the other hand, we are good for graduate studies in pretty much anything.

NY is a cool city to visit, but living there for the next 3-5 years would be horrible. I visited a friend while she was attending NYU and it really sucked. I thought rent in La Jolla/University City was high, but New York blew it out of the water. The night life was really cool though, but anything is cool compared to UCSD (where I went). I am guessing you are Asian from the list of schools you applied to and NYU is super clique-#!+. It's nice if you are a cool dude, but if you are short, fat, and play a lot of video games then you aren't getting any of that mediocre p****.

And you better coming out of there with a finance degree, cause NYU is a joke when you consider everything else.

VA is an awesome school. It's like an Ivy without the cost, but since you are out of state you are going to get effed. And I'll echo everyone else and say that UCs are some of the best schools in the world, let alone nation. You can really come up so long as your are serious about what you are learning.

I applied for liberal art to all the schools I applied to in hopes of simply getting accepted.
To tell you the truth, I don't know what I want to major in yet, I know that I want to do pre-med so I want to be in an undergraduate environment that is conducive to my success, wherever that may be.

tufts might be a good fit then.
prety cool campus, and amazing breakfast spot called the broken yolk.

anybody checking in from the somerville/tufts area?
been up there to visit a few friends a few times.

If your going pre-med then the school doesn't matter, only what you do obviously... 3.5+ GPA and 30+ MCAT and Extracurriculars and your in, if you prepare well for interviews of course.
With that said, you probably need to visit NYU if you live in Cali, because 500-1000 of tickets is better than spending at least a year before trying to transfer out.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

eek.gif
until you go to penn state
wink.gif
Never been but I can say that Major Southern Schools campus life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I didn't go to a southern school but that's the truth right there.

Back
Top Bottom