Calling all NYU alumni/students...

If you could afford to go you should, especially if you're going to go for med school .. Either go there or Tufts simply for the networking opportunities and connections you could make which would only help you out if you continue on into medicine

Like Lazybone said if you're gonna be socially awkward then you're going to have a hard time at NYU but chances are that would also affect your chance at becoming a successful doctor. As far as rent in NYC yeah it gets rediculous in the city but that's why they also pay you so well, in which case a good friend or connect could go a long way. I know some kids look to do an internship early on and translate that experience into a decent job junior/senior year. Then rent an apartment with a couple of other people

At the end of the day it comes down to where yyou want to be in the next four years. If NYC is somewhere you look at tath you've got to be there sort of like a dream then I would go to NYU .. if it's only like it's cool .. Then I would focus on staying out in Cali where you can be more comfortable and don't have to focus on much outside of school

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

If you could afford to go you should, especially if you're going to go for med school .. Either go there or Tufts simply for the networking opportunities and connections you could make which would only help you out if you continue on into medicine

Like Lazybone said if you're gonna be socially awkward then you're going to have a hard time at NYU but chances are that would also affect your chance at becoming a successful doctor. As far as rent in NYC yeah it gets rediculous in the city but that's why they also pay you so well, in which case a good friend or connect could go a long way. I know some kids look to do an internship early on and translate that experience into a decent job junior/senior year. Then rent an apartment with a couple of other people

At the end of the day it comes down to where yyou want to be in the next four years. If NYC is somewhere you look at tath you've got to be there sort of like a dream then I would go to NYU .. if it's only like it's cool .. Then I would focus on staying out in Cali where you can be more comfortable and don't have to focus on much outside of school
Very helpful response
pimp.gif

thnx

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

don't do it man. I go to GW and GW and NYU are very similar.

once you get to college, you'll realize that names aren't as important as what you do at a school.
if you're not going for business or tisch, don't go because it's not worth it. honestly, I regret not choosing
a traditional college. being in the city is too much and kills the whole college vibe imo. especially, being from
a beautiful place like the bay, you might not like NYC.

just my opinion though.
QFT.  I can tell you from my exp.  goin to Pace in NYC and transferring out that u wnt get the traditional college exp.  goin to NYU.  I just graduated from Loyola Univ.  and I'm still fiending for the typical college life cuz both Pace and Loyola didn't meet my expectations for the social life.  Now I'm looking into grad skool and have gotten into Columbia Univ and UNC Chapel Hill so far and would def. pick UNC cuz there's a bigger sense of a campus community.  College isn't just about partying but the social life is def. a factor of how much you'll enjoy it. 

Back
Top Bottom