Calling my NT Legal heads. Vol. car accident

Sunday night I was involved in a car accident. I was driving through an intersection with a green light when I was struck by a driver who didn't yield. My car is totaled, plus I've been having consistent neck, back, and hand pain. Cops came to the scene and did a report, the other driver was at fault. I've never been in a car accident before so I don't exactly know what the procedure or my next move is. Anyone been in a similar situation and care to shed some light??

I've never been in a car accident but my first guess would be to call your car insurance company, then maybe Ken Nugent or somebody. You know, one of those local lawyer spots.

id call an attorney asap.

ive been in a couple of minor injury accidents, where the other party was at fault. best and easiest thing i did was call my attorney pronto. he took care of everything and worked on contingency.

me and my passengers never had to pay out of pocket for any doctor bills, physical therapy, body shop, nothing. hell, i didnt even have to contact my insurance company, my attorney took care of all of that. All i had to do was go see the doc and get treatment, drop off my car at the body shop that my attorney directed me to, and then wait for my car to get fixed and collect a settlement check down the line.

Thanks for the replies. I did contact a lawyer and he's all over it. If you guys who have recieved settlement from similar situations don't mind me asking, what kinda payout did you receive from your settlement?

Thanks for the replies. I did contact a lawyer and he's all over it. If you guys who have recieved settlement from similar situations don't mind me asking, what kinda payout did you receive from your settlement?

I didnt receive that much as my injuries werent too bad. Just a lot of soreness/achyness. Had to see a chiro for a couple months, but that was it. My passengers were a bit worse for wear as they had moderate whiplash and they went through some physical therapy sessions too.

I forget the exact amount but after everyone else got their share (lawyer, docs, bodyshop) I got around $3-4K, my passengers got between $2-8K depending on the severity of their injuries.

first thing u wanna do is get a copy of the police report. document everything. contact ur insurance company bc they usually handle paperwork and contactjng the other persons insuramce company. make sure u do get screwed by ur attorney. generally u dont need a lawyer for civil suits

Back
Top Bottom