*calling NT detectives * Friend gets robbed at gunpoint in a parking lot , Craigslist deal

So basically Friend posts a AD for a ps3 bundle since he has one on the way & needs to set his priorities right. 
Meet up at a busy shopping center , Has the bundle in the trunk & his baby sleeping in the back. The other guy pulls a gun to his head & said give it over there will be repercussions. 

Of course he has gave it up, 

All he has is his first name , phone number & working on getting license plate number from security camera. 

how can NT help us get justice. 

btw they aggreed on $500 before meeting up. Was like 25 games & 20 blue rays & alot of accessories. steering wheel etc etc 

makes me sick man 

30t6p3b.gif
if i ever do a meet up it would be at the malls food court or something

just be careful out there folks, alot of cold people.

I met up with people countless times for sports event tickets, electronics, and never had a problem.

thats why you do it inside, where no one can mess with you.

call the police is the only thing you can do.

I've done meetups everywhere, my house, your house, the mall, I'll call you when I get there and tell you who I am not knowing who they are, for probably upwards of $10k (lots of laptops and premium Thunder tickets) and never had a problem. I had one guy who kept wanting me to meet "his mom, the bartender" at the most dangerous nightclub in the city for some $800 Lakers tickets and had a guy keep telling me, "Yo, them new dvds... I got'em!!! They in the trunk, come look and lemme show u," when I was walking out the gas station which was more than likely going to be me getting robbed.

I think I am going to cool off though on meet ups outside of the hometown anymore though. Like you described, people are getting more and more desperate.

Henceforth, meet inside the mall I guess.

I wish your friend the best through.

Lay low for a few weeks. Don't make any moves on the guy until you're 100% sure of your information and you have your plan set up.

He knows your friend is going to want revenge, so he's going to be on the lookout. Not to mention he's probably feeling anxious too, so he might do something stupid with that gun. Wait until he isn't expecting it, then grab him.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Where did they meet up at OP(I live in Daly City btw)?
this happened in my home town of Rockville Maryland. SMH 
moco dumb !!@'s prob wont do anything. 
mad.gif
mad.gif

EDIT : Police said they would investigate & the phone he had was a burner.... 
grin.gif
grin.gif

The camera didnt help with a license plate number 
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

starbucks is also a great place to meetup.
it doubtful that u find the guy since u didnt get plates.

check craigslist ads for the surrounding areas to see if hes reselling the stolen stuff or go on ebay and put in your location and search for the stuff

Wow....

People have been getting robbed, cheated, and murdered over Craiglist since it's existence, yet people still do business through it. Ok
30t6p3b.gif

meet ups are dangerous but at the same time i always find it weird when i meet up with people for car parts and like 5 people hop out a hatch back. Im like $!+ all this but i guess you can never be too sure.

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

mad.gif
mad.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif

grin.gif
indifferent.gif
Damn can't trust anyone anymore, even in fairly small cities(towns). Hope the cops stay on this, even though they usually do jack**** on robbery cases.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Wow....

People have been getting robbed, cheated, and murdered over Craiglist since it's existence, yet people still do business through it. Ok
30t6p3b.gif

Funny thing .... I bought a tv that came with a 3D blue ray player & thinking of putting it on CL .. But with this ...Makes me hesitant. 
Dude was selling it to make rent & save up for his new one . The good friend that I am .. I am going to transfer funds to his account to help him out in mean time. 

Cops are worthless but same time... yall right. should used better judgement. They met at like 830 pm at a busy shopping center. 
grin.gif
grin.gif

yea, If I ever do a meetup, I'll be sure to do it inside a busy place with alot of folks around.
So nothing like that happens.
I hope you find the dude.

Taking his baby with him only made him more vulnerable.damn dudes willing to shoot someone over a ps3 too sickening smh

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

mad.gif
mad.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif

grin.gif
indifferent.gif

damn rockville?? 
i would have thought that would be the safest place to do a meetup. 

i've done tons of meetups all through the dmv - pg, moco, dc, etc and have never had a problem.

although, all of the meetups have been inside a mall in an actual store or the food court. 

i also try to go with a friend or two just in case..

OP, hope the guy is apprehended and punished to the full extent of the law.  

Only offer to do craiglist deals in front of a police station, if they balk then you know the deal. Unfortunately for your friend I think he's sol, unless the guy does something like trying to sell the stuff on ebay or craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom