Calvin Johnson: Greatest WR of All Time Discussion

I'm not even sold on Calvin being more physically dominant than Moss in his prime. Moss was way faster and could take a 2 yard pass 80 yards to the house.

Randy Moss forever that dude

you put him around the sort of talent Rice had and dude prolly goes down as the best ever

I'm obviously a little bias but I'd take Calvin right now in his prime over any other receiver ever in his prime. The problem with becoming the all time best receiver though is longevity and Calvin is still at least a decade away from catching up to Rice in that department.

Also has anybody ever seen another receiver covered like Calvin in the pic below on the 1 yard line?

View media item 634027

Dez Bryant, Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham

Randy Moss forever that dude

you put him around the sort of talent Rice had and dude prolly goes down as the best ever

Randall, Culpepper, George, Brady

Carter, Welker, Reed, Porter,

Robert Smith, Wizinator,

Randy has played with a lot of talent in his time. Not as great as Jerry, but very solid still.

Calvin has yet to play with any of that, til now with Reggie. (and Stafford of course)

Fans it's not fair to compare Then to Now! I realize it's fun and these kids can play but This Ain't THAT. Truth

— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) October 29, 2013

In a separate tweet, Sanders added:

So please stop asking me can I cover these kids 2day. They are GREAT. But I played against Receivers and Quarterbacks whom shaped this game!

— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) October 29, 2013

I'm just going to say it. CJ only gets those numbers because he is Detroit's offense. If he had a team with more weapons he wouldn't put up Godlike numbers all the time. At catching over DBs though, he is the best.

I'm just going to say it. CJ only gets those numbers because he is Detroit's offense. If he had a team with more weapons he wouldn't put up Godlike numbers all the time. At catching over DBs though, he is the best.

i4Rh40lIC8jyj.gif

lol.gif

Last edited:
Brah it doesn't matter what offense dude is in... If you have CJ you're gonna be throwing his way 15+ times a game regardless of your offensive strategy.

CJ was putting up numbers with some of the worst QB's in the league... When Dan Orlovsky wasn't running himself out of his own endzone he was finding #81.  Detroit was AWFULLLLLLLLLL and teams could have just sold out to stop CJ and still won with ease but it didn't stop dude from roasting defenses.

My man caught 78 for 1331 and 12 TD's on a WINLESS team.
mean.gif

I agree but, if you want to win more you'd mix it up a little bit. And I'm sure everyone on the Lions staff wants even distribution as far as throwing the ball to receivers even though they know CJ can bare the load. My point is he's the only reliable target there in receiving that Stafford trusts. Of course he's going to have high numbers.

Deion Sanders sounding like every nostalgic old guy ever. 

There aren't any legit man to man cover corners nor are there any legit secondaries that pose a threat to these QBs and WRs in today's NFL. Add in the fact you can't touch or even hit these QBs/WRs without a flag being thrown, the league is set up for them to put up huge numbers.

Lol so many hypotheticals in this thread, just let that man be great, f all that " if he had more talent he wouldnt be putting up these numbers" smh

To all the dudes that said moss>>>cj are bias because they grew up watching randy ***** your smoking twerk

For those that use rings as a major factor into the greatest ever dicussions, I'm curious as to what you're explanation is for Tony Gonzalez..

It really only supports your argument because it's convenient...Not because it's viable.

I say this all the time . Calvin with a top tier QB, including Luck, would be damn near unstoppable . triple coverage and **** .

Not done reading through the thread yet but I have to respond to this. What exactly does Luck do that is better than Stafford? At this point Calvin already is unstoppable catching near perfect thrown balls into triple coverage where only he can make the catch. I said this in the WIR thread and I will go over it again. All of you say that Stafford just throws the ball up and Calvin makes the plays. Yes Calvin comes down with amazing catches but Stafford puts the ball where it needs to be for those to happen. How you can discredit him for throwing to one of the most physically gifted players to step on the gridiron is beyond me. Stafford is at this point is as close to elite as any young QB.

Back
Top Bottom