Can a NCAA team beat the NJ nets?

Discussion comes up every time a team fights for some sort of all-time suck record.

Like JPZx pointed out, the ENTIRE ROSTER of pros is made up of the best players on previous college teams. Like, if UK played right now, sure, Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Miller, and Orton would play (all players that could possibly be in the NBA someday), but so would the rest of the UK roster.

The worst professional team, on any given year, is still stronger, faster, and 'roid-er than the best college team in that same sport.

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

John Wall > Devin Harris
Eric Bledsoe = Courtney Lee
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Never post in a basketball related thread ever again......this just completely invalidates anything you said and will say in the future....log off

so you don't think the nets are going to send devin harris packing if they get wall. 
indifferent.gif

i saw a few people mention on here just a couple months ago that the only PG they'd even consider trading john wall for if offered is chris paul. and eric bledsoe isn't the player that courtney lee is right now obviously but i do think that's the type of player he's going to be in the league.

give cousins and patterson a couple years in the league and they'll both be bodying yi

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Reminds me of when people were asking if USC could beat the Raiders
this is a little different, though. football is a more physical sport.. the USC players would be so outmanned physically that they wouldn't be able to compete.

basketball is more of a skill/finesse game. even when a team doesn't have a clear athleticism advantage, if they're skilled and know how to play, and their shots are falling that day, they can definitely beat a superior squad.

if you set up a game between the Nets and Kentucky where a million dollars would go to each player on the winning team, the Nets would win. but in a pick-up game type setting i could def see an elite college team hanging with the Nets. i've seen college and NBA players get shown up by average joes in pick-up games before.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

John Wall > Devin Harris
Eric Bledsoe = Courtney Lee
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Never post in a basketball related thread ever again......this just completely invalidates anything you said and will say in the future....log off
so you don't think the nets are going to send devin harris packing if they get wall. 
indifferent.gif

i saw a few people mention on here just a couple months ago that the only PG they'd even consider trading john wall for if offered is chris paul. and eric bledsoe isn't the player that courtney lee is right now obviously but i do think that's the type of player he's going to be in the league.

give cousins and patterson a couple years in the league and they'll both be bodying yi

aren't we speaking on the here and now?

the only PG they'd even consider trading john wall for if offered is chris paul
laugh.gif
..i want names.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

if the nets played kentucky it would be a lot closer than you would think. if they played 100 times the nets would probably win 85 times but if kentucky played a 6 man rotation and hit some shots they could occasionally win. basketball is different. if you are hitting shots you have a chance. its not the nfl where size and athleticism are completely different from college.

6 man rotation, with college players, in a 48 minute NBA game will win occasionally against a professional NBA team?
laugh.gif

i know a group of the d-leaguers best could beat the clippers in a 7 game series.

Originally Posted by magikmike

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by JPZx

How could a team with a guy that won't even be drafted, a guy that supposedly will be Haywood-esque, and a guy that will come off the bench for a couple of years BEAT AN NBA TEAM!??

I don't get this. I never understand why people actually think that that is possible.
A bunch of College players BEAT that 1992 Dream Team....
Someone help me out and name the players who were on that College team...
nerd.gif

Laettner, Mash, Webber, Penny, Rodney Rogers, Grant Hill, im forgetting a bunch more but they played one half and the college guys just shot the lights out and the Dream Team mailed it in.  Im sure they werent taking it as serious as they did the rest of the tourny
laugh.gif

Did the scrimmage happen before they picked Laettner over Shaq?

No, the Nets are all "Professional" players even though their record shows otherwise. They will still whoop the best team in college unless somehow, they miss all their shots. 75% of the roster on an NCAA team will not even make it to the NBA.

Originally Posted by amel223

Anything can happen if the better team don't have their mind right.  Just ask the 2004 Olympic basketball team. 
I agree with this.  The Nets may be professional, but the "team" is horrible.  In a game of basketball, whoever is hot is winning.  It can happen

Back
Top Bottom