Can arthritis spread from one knee to the other?

I tore the lateral meniscus in my right knee and had arthroscopic surgery to have the loose cartilage removed about two and a half years ago.

These days, I notice what I believe to be arthritis-type pains in my left knee more than in my right, but I have never, at least not to my knowledge, injuredmy left knee.

Does anybody know if that is that at all feasible?

Isn't this one of those cases where because you have a slight limp or whatever with the right knee, your body overcompensates causing the left knee tostrain more? That would be my first guess as to how you would develop soreness on a "healthy" knee.

laugh.gif
@ arthritis spreading from one knee to the other. arthritis ain't a virus you know.

yeah, i think dude is correct. it's the result of overcompensating for the 'injured' knee.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

laugh.gif
@ arthritis spreading from one knee to the other. arthritis ain't a virus you know.

yeah, i think dude is correct. it's the result of overcompensating for the 'injured' knee.

CP1708 wrote:
Isn't this one of those cases where because you have a slight limp or whatever with the right knee, your body overcompensates causing the left knee to strain more? That would be my first guess as to how you would develop soreness on a "healthy" knee.

same thing i was thinking, its like if you hurt something in your leg, you are going to have to put more weight on the healthy side to compensate for theweakness on the weak side.

I've been having left knee soreness all this week and I've never had a major knee injury. Just kind of came out of nowhere.
ohwell.gif

I can't bend my left knee all the way for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom