Can I get a smart phone without a data plan?

Yeah I need a new phone and I want a smart phone so I can feel comfortable showing my phone in public especially in front of females.  Phones are a status thing like shoes and cars.  But I don't care about internet, apps, facebook, twitter.  I just need to stunt. So can I use one without a data plan. I ain't paying over $70/month for a phone bill.

I'm serious tho
indifferent.gif

buy full price on craigslist or something
at least BS and say you are always in a wifi area

Lamest excuse EVER!

But... you can get a smartphone on ebay without a data plan for about $200.  Just make sure it's not 4G and you're good.  I tried getting an Inspire, but i stuck in my SIM card and they wanted to automatically upgrade my contract.  For what I'm saving, I can just buy a new phone every year.  Besides, I am typically in range of a wifi network so I have no use for a data plan anyways.

Honestly, that's #poor. If your stealing wifi, some is definitely stealing any personal information you do on your phone. I can't stand cheap people. Your not saving your just being cheap.

Typed while using 3G data on my EVO.

huh? I don't wanna use the internet at all, not steal it.  I just want to use the phone,txt, and pics but will Sprint make me add a data plan?

i do this in europe and when im in the us. althought I just connect via wifi or connect via mobile data in case of emergency.  

I dont need to have internet access all the time plus its a big distraction. I end up paying less than 3$ a month for phone service only (even though the unlimited data plan is only like 10$ a month here). i dunno how u dudes pay 70+. 

u need to stunt though? at least ur honest.
laugh.gif

I had this question when I upgraded my phone and this is what the Verizon rep told me. It changed my mind.

Basically the point of a smartphone is to stay connected to the internet and as such many of the phone's applications and features are linked to the internet. With no data plan, you'd basically be using the smart phone as a dumb phone... like having a V12 car which could only run on 6 cylinders. It's a waste of money and potential.

If you want dumb phone features, get a dumb phone. If you want a smartphone, be prepared to pay more money for the additional features it offers.

Thats like driving a civic wih a benz body kit. Why bother. Do you still rock those number 05 fubu jerseys ?

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Yeah I need a new phone and I want a smart phone so I can feel comfortable showing my phone in public especially in front of females.  Phones are a status thing like shoes and cars.  But I don't care about internet, apps, facebook, twitter.  I just need to stunt. So can I use one without a data plan. I ain't paying over $70/month for a phone bill.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by xhxxkxxdx

Thats like driving a civic wih a benz body kit. Why bother. Do you still rock those number 05 fubu jerseys ?

I'm not into cars.  So yes if I could drive a civic engine/parts with a Benz on the outside I would.  Females wouldn't know the difference
laugh.gif

Cat_traps_cat.gif

I'm not into cars.  So yes if I could drive a civic engine/parts with a Benz on the outside I would.  Females wouldn't know the difference
laugh.gif

Each to his own... but you can't do everything for females
laugh.gif

Yes. Im basically at home and school right now where basically im around WiFi. So I use this company called "Simple Mobile" They operate on T-Mobile frequencies. All of their plans are on no-contract. Right now im paying $40 for unlimited text/talk using my HTC Sensation.

http://www.mysimplemobile.com/index.aspx

Very trustworthy company..

Originally Posted by scshift

laugh.gif

Each to his own... but you can't do everything for females
laugh.gif

I don't but everybody has certain stuff they value.  Like I would never wear take down versions of signature shoes or stuff like Air Wavy because I'd rather have the real shoe.  As for a car or phone I just dont care but they are status symbols so I'll go with the flow.

Op stop putting the p on pedestal. Showing off to females, is not something you'll wana waste money on. Yea its part of your image, but heavily doing things to attract girls with items isn't gonna get you far in smashing p (not saying you don't have p game) but its worthless.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Op stop putting the p on pedestal. Showing off to females, is not something you'll wana waste money on. Yea its part of your image, but heavily doing things to attract girls with items isn't gonna get you far in smashing p (not saying you don't have p game) but its worthless.
A grown man can't have a  LG Rumor 2. Its not about showing off its about showing you aren't struggling.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom