Can Men and Women be " Just Friends" ?

Originally Posted by Lou Baton

I can't see the video but, Yes. But that doesn't mean if the chance presented itself something more wouldn't/couldn't happen. It's about having boundaries and sticking to them.

But that's exactly the reason why men and women can't just be "friends."  I mean it also depends on your definition of a "friend," but that fact that you have to set different boundaries for the opposite sex than you would for the same sex means sexual tension could develop over time, if not already there...

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Yep. I love women. Mad honeys out there to try to sleep with everything. I love having a stable of female friends to kick it with. Chicks are mad cool and provide invaluable perspective that assist you in dealing with the women you're messing with.

Came here to say this...

Yes I have friends that are girls, they aint cute so they'd never get the goods.

Yes it is very possible

But friendship for men has a very different meaning than friendship for women, which means many men can't be satisfied by the crappy friendship women may possibly provide them, since they're used to friendships based on different, if not straight up ridiculously insignificant, things with other women.

I tried and guess what now she's my girl ,we went from workout buddies to going out to eat to laying up at her crib. So I have to say no men and women cannot be friends only especially if they're young.

This ain't the only time this has happened all them chicks in high school that where "friends" ended up wanting to talk to me or go out with me.

Yes. I myself have three really close friends that are females. All of them btw are very attractive. Their like my sisters though. One of them even planned half my bachelor party and two of them joined in on it. We know our boundaries, and all of them are real cool with the wifey and the wifey doesnt care that I hang with them without her.

i have a couple of female friends that i'm physically unattracted to and we're super close because i've known them forever. i would probably marry them just because their personalities are amazing, but i don't think that counts. i think as long as there's mutually no physical attraction people can be just friends.

spend enough time with anyone of the opposite sex, though and that fondness can turn into attraction for each other so it's tricky.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Yes I have friends that are girls, they aint cute so they'd never get the goods.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by akm2tan

Yes. I myself have three really close friends that are females. All of them btw are very attractive. Their like my sisters though. One of them even planned half my bachelor party and two of them joined in on it. We know our boundaries, and all of them are real cool with the wifey and the wifey doesnt care that I hang with them without her.

So did you ever think about hooking up with either of them, at any point in your friendship? Would you have, if given the opportunity? I don't understand why you have different boundaries for them, if they're just friends then shouldn't those boundaries be the same as any other friend, regardless of gender?

Originally Posted by bjm5295

didnt watch yet, but i think a better question is can they be friends when one clearly wants more?

THIS! As guys we can see the thirst but girls always tryna downplay it.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

If they are sexually attractive to each other no

If not then yes

For example, no man will have trouble just being friends with a girl he thinks is fat and ugly but ...if she has super model good looks and he is attracted to her then they can not be "just friends" because sooner or later he is going to try to make a play for that box

/ thread

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by BossDonVah

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Bingo. Mature adults can set boundaries. Immature people (average NTer) can't comprehend such things.

This

Sigh. I wasn't going to address this but so many of you are backing it up that I feel the need to.

Setting boundaries.. indeed it's possible. And it's definitely possible to abide by them. But that doesn't mean that you wouldn't want to smash those if she was an attractive person and wanted to let you in.

You're only abiding by the boundaries because you feel like there isn't going to be anything more and you're scared of ruining the friendship. Those boundaries are placed there by you in order to force just a friendship. (And probably scared of ruining the chances of her letting you in, too) If those boundaries weren't set there purposefully by you, you'd naturally have that thought in your mind that if she wanted to let you smash the yambs then you'd be all over it.

Come on, I still don't understand why people on here feel the need to play the higher class / mature heads. It's a forum not an interview pool for a high class job.
eyes.gif

Spoiler [+]
If you REALLY REALLY feel that way, please prove it by arguing back with points instead of just quoting and agreeing with someone else.
I agree with both of the points made here.

Simply can a man and woman be friends....Yes of course.  Now that doesn't take into account intentions or anything.  But simply yes they can be friends.

Now how the relationship is started is always a question.  Me as a man I can not be friends with an attractive, single female.  If i get along with you enough to consider you my friend and I also find you physically attractive then i would just want to date you.   All the girls I consider friends are ugly or in relationships.  The ugly girl friends that I have started being my friend probably because there was attraction on their part.  But over time we grew into friends.

I guess its a question of how you define "friends".  Just because you want to smash some one doesn't mean you can't be friends.  You put boundaries up and stick to them because you know whats right and wrong.  That's what separates us from animals...we have discretion.  

When I approach a female I only want two things from her: to have sex with her or to date her. The only men that want to have female "friends" are men that are not confident enough in themselves to make a move and see what happens. Put ya bid in playa and go from there. If she shoots you down and you still want to be around her then go ahead and play the "friend" role. I'm direct with my approach. Matter of fact, I respect women more if they are honest with me instead of stringing me along because they ain't got nothin else to do. I don't trip; I just charge it the game and keep it movin. For all you ladies with all your "guy friends", they are not your friend; they want to sleep with you. If you think I'm lying, put the p in they face and see what happens. If he ready to bone, he is not your "friend". 

"For all you ladies with all your "guy friends", they are not your friend; they want to sleep with you. If you think I'm lying, put the p in they face and see what happens."

laugh.gif
3900 I tell women this ALL the time.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

"For all you ladies with all your "guy friends", they are not your friend; they want to sleep with you. If you think I'm lying, put the p in they face and see what happens."

laugh.gif

Not true. My closest guy friend is like a brother to me literally! I cant speak for anyone else but he considers me his lil sis.

laugh.gif

Lmao that's extreme though.....I wouldn't go sleepover in any of my female friend's beds next to them or anything but I wouldn't actively pursue the p if we're cool and I know I am firmly entrenched in the friend zone....plenty other women to try and talk to so I wouldn't risk a solid friendship

Originally Posted by lana85

laugh.gif

Not true. My closest guy friend is like a brother to me literally! I cant speak for anyone else but he considers me his lil sis.
Do you look good though? If not that might be why he is your "brother."
If you do, then he is just waiting your turn. But women are usually naive about this so I don't expect you to be able to comprehend it. Don't be mad you just are wired to not be able to understand it.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

"If you're mature" has to be most used comment to support an argument on this board when someone can't think of anything else to say.

That and calling something insecure to downplay the value in someone being bothered by something.

"If you're mature" has to be most used comment to support an argument on this board when someone can't think of anything else to say.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by lana85

laugh.gif

Do you look good though? If not that might be why he is your "brother."
If you do, then he is just waiting your turn. But women are usually naive about this so I don't expect you to be able to comprehend it. Don't be mad you just are wired to not be able to understand it.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

That and calling something insecure to downplay the value in someone being bothered by something.
Were definitely not into each other like that at all. So you guys mean to tell me you have no female friends that you just consider as friends and nothing more?
I can understand why you guys feel that way. If i was friends with someone whos attractive youll eventually fall for them or want more.

Listen to what we are saying Alana.

If a man approaches a woman on the street, he isn't trying to be friends with her.

If a man knows a woman that is out of shape and not attractive, he can be friends with her.

But if a man is attracted to a woman but hasn't hit or hasn't been in a relationship with her, you need to put an asterisk beside the idea of them being friends. Why? Because if the situation arose, he would tear that thang up.

So we are talking about being attracted and being friends. Not folks that don't look good.

Back
Top Bottom