Can monkeys swim? Vol.

So I'm watching the 2001 Tim Burton version of planet of the apes & a scene made me think about this question... So NT, can monkey's swim?

Why is swimming instinctual to most, if not all animals except Humans?
nerd.gif

I don't know if they can swim or not, but that is the version they should have made a part 2 of.  With that being said I have not seen the version that just released.  I would have loved to see a part 2 of marky mark getting off of that planet he landed on.....

Well there's a certain species of 'Monkey' that dives in the water for it's food. 
( I forgot what they were called. )

But the better question is that.. 

Could Apes Swim?!
nerd.gif

Damn that vid looks legit with the apes form n +%*+.... But I think majority cannot swim

I haven't seen the new version but heard good. I love Tim Burton's vision (2001 version)

gorillas and organutans? no.

all other monkey/every other species of mammal, yep.

@DT43 - All primates have the ability to swim including Gorilla's and Orangutangs. I have seen Gorillas swim in the water in person.

@eashawty - A Gorilla is an ape. I'm pretty sure ape is just a descriptive word nowadays.

I dont think monkeys/apes can swim in deep waters but maybe wade through shallow water.

*waits for someone to correlate this to African Americans since it deals with Monkeys from Planet of the Apes*

Back
Top Bottom