Can someone explain the free-form jazz SpongeBob joke for me, please?

I know there are a lotta people here who watch SpongeBob, so I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I also know you guys know what I'm talking about. In the grandma's kisses episode where Patrick says SpongeBob has to acquire a taste for free-form jazz and they listen to jazz for like, 3 seconds. I'm doing this thing for class where I'm providing examples of adult references in SpongeBob, and I know that joke is a really good one, but I don't really get it, so if someone could explain it to me, that would be great. Thanks. Here's the clip if you wanna see it:

indifferent.gif

Wow.......A spongebob joke went over your head.

I can't see the video so I can't help.

F is for fire burning down the buildings, U is uranium...bomb, N is for no survivors down here in the deep blue sea

I THINK it's trying to poke fun at adults being serious/tasteless/boring since most kids don't really listen to jazz but that's just my opinion

I'm interested to see what other references you may have found. as for the one you posted, i would probably have to see the entire episode, but judging from that short clip, it seems like they're just saying that you have to have a liking for jazz to be 'mature'.

laugh.gif

I just think its poking fun at the fact to be a mature person you have to listen to free form jazz, I think

Originally Posted by SneakerHead401

I THINK it's trying to poke fun at adults being serious/tasteless/boring since most kids don't really listen to jazz but that's just my opinion

yeap.
that sounds like a +$!%!%* sweet assignment.

i had a class similar to this, it was dedicated to the Adult Swim lineup. We'd just sit around and watch and analyze adult swim shows. was pretty fun even though the teacher was a bit of a richard. Had to write a 5 page paper on ATHF
laugh.gif

spongebob is that show
pimp.gif
. my dad loves it too. funny %%@%. and i really don't know why its so funny.

Back
Top Bottom