can someone explain to me why my income tax

1000 dollars less this year when i made 10,000 dollars more than last year, and drive the same car, live in the same place, have no kids, and have the same job? honestly it doesnt make since, i dont follow politics so was there anything that passed or got declined that could have changed it i expecting 2k

Did you do your taxes yourself or did you have them done by someone else?
If you did them yourself I'd say take them to H&R Block and they will go over them for you in more detail.

Something obviously is wrong and a tax expert will be able to help you out.

same thing happened to me. my ytd was 82.500 all around taxes they took over 22 grand. but funny part is when i checked with turbo tax it says i owe the state of ny 1500 i just dont see how that is possible. single no kids i guess they really do abuse you when you dont have a kid
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

1000dollars less this year when i made 10,000 dollars more than last year,and drive the same car, live in the same place, have no kids, and havethe same job? honestly it doesnt make since, i dont follow politics so was there anything that passed or got declined that could have changed it i expecting 2k
Quoted for the original fail.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

laugh.gif

1000dollars less this year when i made 10,000 dollars more than last year,and drive the same car, live in the same place, have no kids, and havethe same job? honestly it doesnt make since, i dont follow politics so was there anything that passed or got declined that could have changed it i expecting 2k

laugh.gif

ooops

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

laugh.gif

roll.gif

But to OP, the IRS is like magic. Nobody fully understands it. I just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

1000 dollars less this year when i made 10,000 dollars more than last year, and drive the same car, live in the same place, have no kids, and have the same job? honestly it doesnt make since, i dont follow politics so was there anything that passed or got declined that could have changed it i expecting 2k
You were probably getting taxed at a higher rate last year. 
For example: Let's say last yr you were getting taxed in the $30,000 braget. But if you started working in the middle of the yr, you made only $15,000 but was still getting taxed at the 30k braget. All that additional money that you paid in taxes (because you were getting taxed at a higher rate) goes back to you.

But let's say this yr you work a complete year and made 30K and was being taxed in that 30K braget. In theory, you wouldn't have over/underpaid in taxes. Hence you would get less back.

Does that make sense???

The things I learn having two sisters who are accountants.

^ didn't it also have something to obama taking less out in taxes as sort of a stimulus to the american workers? I could be wrong but i didn't have as much taken out this year compared to years past and I made more money.

Back
Top Bottom