Can someone post pics of the DIf between the last shots..final shots? bred 14's?

So the shoe has dropped/// 3 times so far? Can someone post pics of the differences between the 3 or 4?

OGs have rougher material on the top cap, metal lace tips rather than plastic, and unlike the Retros there insole is cut to fit the vent on the inner side of the shoe.

They've dropped twice so far in 1999 and 2005, and they're dropping again this upcoming holiday season for the 3rd time.

OG XIV black/reds from 1999:
1. the leather on the toe and around the Ferrari-styled Jumpman logo is almost like nubuck,
which means the hairy leather is short cut and rough.
2. the tongue is shorter
3. the insoles are cut that the ventilation hole on the innerside in the midsole can fully breathe!
especially when you walk outside, you can feel the fresh air flowing in!
4. lacetips are made of metal

retro XIV black/reds from 2005:
1. the leather on the toe and around the Ferrari-styled Jumpman logo is clearly made of suede,
looking and feeling similar to the suede of the XVIII black/sport royals!
2. tongue is longer than on the OG
3. insoles are regular cut blocking the ventilation hole and prevents the cooling effect
frown.gif

4. lacetips are made of chrome painted plastic

Retro XIV black /reds from 2011:

almost like the 2005 retros but somehow JB messed up the heel colorblocking

with the red 
eyes.gif

Overall the 2005 retros feel at least the same like on the OG, and qualitywise it still belongs to the
more authentic retros.

jumpman cbt2 wrote:

3. insoles are regular cut blocking the ventilation hole and prevents the cooling effect
frown.gif

Could you just cut the insole?

All the same shoe. Although you got the OG and Retro, sounds like ur speaking of them as if their entirely different pairs. Where have you been?

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

OG XIV black/reds from 1999:
1. the leather on the toe and around the Ferrari-styled Jumpman logo is almost like nubuck,
which means the hairy leather is short cut and rough.
2. the tongue is shorter
3. the insoles are cut that the ventilation hole on the innerside in the midsole can fully breathe!
especially when you walk outside, you can feel the fresh air flowing in!
4. lacetips are made of metal

1. the leather on the toe and around the Ferrari-styled Jumpman logo is clearly made of suede,
looking and feeling similar to the suede of the XVIII black/sport royals!
2. tongue is longer than on the OG
frown.gif

4. lacetips are made of chrome painted plastic

Retro XIV black /reds from 2011:

almost like the 2005 retros but somehow JB messed up the heel colorblocking

with the red 
eyes.gif

Overall the 2005 retros feel at least the same like on the OG, and qualitywise it still belongs to the
more authentic retros.

Thanks! , Pics?

wait for TSG or some sneaker blog to drop a comparison video for best details. other than that id go with what jumpman cbt2 said.

Every incarnation of the 14s hasn't changed much from the original release. IMO, the 14 and the 12s are probably the most consistent Jordan Brand products in terms of quality over the years.

the only 14s i would LOVE to have are the Prototypes that he wore when he crossed Russell. the Side was SMOOTH leather, NOT the lines that they actually ended up with. man i would love to see a photo of THOSE!!!

Originally Posted by Mister Victory

Every incarnation of the 14s hasn't changed much from the original release. IMO, the 14 and the 12s are probably the most consistent Jordan Brand products in terms of quality over the years.

seems like its almost impossible to change the xii much... lets hope they not mess it up next year

Originally Posted by cw2022

the only 14s i would LOVE to have are the Prototypes that he wore when he crossed Russell. the Side was SMOOTH leather, NOT the lines that they actually ended up with. man i would love to see a photo of THOSE!!!

U must be new here. Those are the,last shots!I had a pic of mj wearing them in the finals(Close shot) and they looked exactly likeThe ones released around 6 months laterIn the stores. Mj wore the black/red 14 in 3 games in theNba finals 1998.

Nope, they were most definitely ribbed.  

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Gonna try to re cop the 05's.. love them.. honestly not feeling the 2011s.
Well, i really don't understand why they have to change the section at the upper heel
from black to red. Just glad i have the 05 last shots because they look at least authentic to the

OG in terms of color blocking ^^

you guys know they changed the back tab back to black right....their have been pics of the shoes for about a month now...
grin.gif

11>>05

and word, they changed the heel upper back to black. Where have yall been lol?

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

U must be new here. Those are the,last shots!I had a pic of mj wearing them in the finals(Close shot) and they looked exactly likeThe ones released around 6 months laterIn the stores. Mj wore the black/red 14 in 3 games in theNba finals 1998.

PLEASE SHOW me this pic!!!!

Back
Top Bottom