Can someone proofread and/or give suggestions to my resume? Thanks

b9636fd614606191709a66ee6e30a33fc7385cdb.bmp
0c1362b316046af5789e634665b2aee252128783.bmp

This is a print-screen of my resume. Thanks.

You listed more than one skill on each bullet...

maybe list them separately, so it'll look like you have more skills.

and when you are going for a certain job, try to put skills on there that apply to the actual position.

and for GPA, i'd just put the 2.93, and leave out the 4.00

Thanks. Changes will be made.

This is more of a general resume, hence the objective, so no target skills were listed.

I just need a job.

ive always been told that if your GPA is less than 3.0 leave it off

I would maybe indent the bullets so it is right near the objectives

I was debating on whether to leave it off or not. But since the reality (maybe) is the average is around that range, I decided to put it on.

Don't want an employer wondering how terrible I did.

I think I may exclude it.

At my career center they say if your GPA is below a 3.5, don't list it. I've even heard some employers dont even want the GPA listed at all. Just asuggestion. Good luck with the job search.

My experiences with employers is that they usually ask during the interview IF they really want to know.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

At my career center they say if your GPA is below a 3.5, don't list it. I've even heard some employers dont even want the GPA listed at all. Just a suggestion. Good luck with the job search.
Make sure you follow this advice.
No need to put your GPA if its not GREAT.

What the employer doesnt know will not hurt them.

I'd take the Six Flags stuff off. Why is it there? I'm asking because I took Foot Locker off of mine. Someone told whats the use, unless it was amanager position.

1. get rid of the break lines...they're unnecessary and if any employers use scanners...they'll jack it up.

2. Your objective stinks.. What you should do it change depending on the job/company you're applying to it so that it matches up with the job

3. get rid of your GPA
"B.A. Majors: Philosophy & Psychology" is all you need

Yea, I was debating that as well. But it does show off some of my abilities and skills. And it makes me look like I have experience doing something, ratherthan none at all.

Edit: Thanks Dirty. Break lines have been axed, as well as the objective.

The objective was meant to be as general as possible, since I'm not really picky right now. I just want a job. A desk job, preferably.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I'd take the Six Flags stuff off. Why is it there? I'm asking because I took Foot Locker off of mine. Someone told whats the use, unless it was a manager position.

funny enough Foot Locker is always a conversation piece in my interviews. You gotta sell the associate position and make it sound like its more than what itis.. here's what I wrote on my resume:

· Promoted and sold merchandise

· Sold over $300,000 in merchandise

· Developed cohesive team structures and drove company visionsinto viable, realized goals.
Maybe my Foot Locker experience was different but I took a lot of responsibilities that really helped me in the longrun.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

I'd take the Six Flags stuff off. Why is it there? I'm asking because I took Foot Locker off of mine. Someone told whats the use, unless it was a manager position.

funny enough Foot Locker is always a conversation piece in my interviews. You gotta sell the associate position and make it sound like its more than what it is.. here's what I wrote on my resume:

· Promoted and sold merchandise

· Sold over $300,000 in merchandise

· Developed cohesive team structures and drove company visions into viable, realized goals.
Maybe my Foot Locker experience was different but I took a lot of responsibilities that really helped me in the long run.

laugh.gif
I'll be damned. Said the exact same thing, almost word for word. Except for the last bullet point. I guess I'll keep it.

Wait is this a resume help thread? because I def have one that I would like to be proof read.

"Mutual dependence" is very strange phrasing, is that a typical career objective??

The only definition of said term that even might fit on a resume is "a mutually reinforcing relationship between persons who are dependent on each other;a normal characteristic of the relationship between mother and infant". Are you trying to say you want to find an employer/company that will treat youlike its son?
grin.gif

I was thinking more on the lines, your scratch my back (paycheck) and I'll scratch your back (work).

It's been taken off anyhow.

Edit: I've read that the objective should fit the employer, but if it's too narrow it may turn them off. I want to be a family & couplestherapist, but I'm not going to include that seeing as how I don't have the credentials for said career.

I am with Dirty on this one...

1. Get rid of break Lines the bold/italicized headings will do the trick

2. Try to get more words on the page it looks like a bunch of spacing with not much content

3. YOUR OBJECTIVE: This isn't a place to write a paragraph, but atleast a complete/complex sentence WITH a period. Your objective is entirely too shortand needs some polishing.

My objective only says "Full-time employment" Any suggestions??

Like I said to eye see soles an objective is an area to catch the interviewer about what you want to accomplish. OBVIOUSLY you want employment or you wouldnot be sitting in the chair across the desk from the person you are about to talk to. This isn't a place to spill out your ENTIRE life story with goalsyou have twenty years down the road. It is simply a starting point to build on based off of what you are/have been doing at the current moment. Yourobjective should be 1-2 sentences outlining where you want to go and what you want to gain from employment. Maybe not so much of the gain, but more theposition you want to fill.

Originally Posted by bc60997

My objective only says "Full-time employment" Any suggestions??

Like I said to eye see soles an objective is an area to catch the interviewer about what you want to accomplish. OBVIOUSLY you want employment or you would not be sitting in the chair across the desk from the person you are about to talk to. This isn't a place to spill out your ENTIRE life story with goals you have twenty years down the road. It is simply a starting point to build on based off of what you are/have been doing at the current moment. Your objective should be 1-2 sentences outlining where you want to go and what you want to gain from employment. Maybe not so much of the gain, but more the position you want to fill.

couldnt agree more. the objective is key in persuading whoever is in charge of pulling resumes to notice yours. write something that will make them say"this kid isnt just looking for a paycheck, he's looking for an experience that is beneficial for both us, the employer and him the potentialassociate." Employers know that you want the job because you need the income but they're always digging for more.

Back
Top Bottom