Can someone recommend me a couple of good books to read......?

workisforlames

formerly latinplatinum69
So I'm out on workers comp, home all day with the wife and kid. But while they're out doing everyday activities I'm home bored. I cant play anymore PS3 or 360, I need to stimulate my mind. Recommend me something good please. Genre doesn't matter. Thanx in advance

the-autobiography-of-malcolm-x.jpg

think-and-grow-rich-book-2.jpg

The Alchemist
SexGod

I started reading A Friend of the Family. Saw it in the 'What are you reading' thread, just look through that and you'll find something you'll be interested in.

night-image-for-blog.jpg

It's an easy read. Things you're about to read in it is kinda disturbing. It's a good WW2 book.

Originally Posted by dopestop

the-autobiography-of-malcolm-x.jpg
^^^^^^^Great book and a great Man.

I'd also recommend "The Art of Loving" by Erich Fromm (It's not a relationship book) and if you are into philosophy check out "The Sickness Unto Death" by Soren Kierkegaard or "Human All Too Human" by Freidrich Nietzsche.

"Zen Buddhism" by D.T. Suzuki and/or "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind" by Shunryu Suzuki.

Highly recommended:  "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl.

There's a lot more out there but in general I feel everyone could benefit from the aforementioned texts. 

I read the first 3 suggestions already thanks lol. Read Oscar Wao as well. Thanks for the recommendations guys keep em coming.

All this books that are recommend aside from Malcolm X, please save yourself the time.

even Malcolm bio was so & so, it wasn't as fascinating as you may think.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by prokid404

I'm about to pick up Shutter Island tomorrow

good book.

anyway OP, check these out:

2009-11-16-LastWords_GeorgeCarlin.jpg

and
sagharbor.jpg

and
530-1.jpg

and basically anything by david sedaris.

Originally Posted by latinplatinum69

I read the first 3 suggestions already thanks lol. Read Oscar Wao as well. Thanks for the recommendations guys keep em coming.
I was recommended these two sometime last year. They both were very good reads.

say-you2.jpg

ravens.jpg

Originally Posted by hymen man

The Alchemist
SexGod

I started reading A Friend of the Family. Saw it in the 'What are you reading' thread, just look through that and you'll find something you'll be interested in.
SexGod is the most important since your're married.

To give you a good recommendation, one needs to know what you're in to. If you're in to fiction then go read "9 Stories" or "Great Expectations".
If you're in to mind expansion I would recommend some Plato, "on the nature of the universe" by Lucriteus, or even some Darwin. Kennedy biography if you're in to that.

The list is really endless, there are so many good books out there it's frustrating

Originally Posted by That Guy

Originally Posted by hymen man

The Alchemist
SexGod

SexGod is the most important since your're married.

To give you a good recommendation, one needs to know what you're in to. If you're in to fiction then go read "9 Stories" or "Great Expectations".
If you're in to mind expansion I would recommend some Plato, "on the nature of the universe" by Lucriteus, or even some Darwin. Kennedy biography if you're in to that.

The list is really endless, there are so many good books out there it's frustrating
I'm really open to any genre. I can't say that I've read what one might consider a lot of books so I really dont have a favorite type. But I'd say off hand I enjoy all fiction, crime novels, anything involving politics, social sciences, and conspiracies.

Higher Ground: So what would you recommend?

I'm reading the Dexter series right now. Ive seen all of the episodes and the book is just as good so far. It brings me back to a lot of the stuff from early on and I catch some things I missed before..

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

I'm reading the Dexter series right now. Ive seen all of the episodes and the book is just as good so far. It brings me back to a lot of the stuff from early on and I catch some things I missed before..

Is it the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom