Can the Thunder beat the Lakers in the first round?

It's very possible if Kobe plays @ 100%.

But if Kobe doesn't play, no way in helll OKC can beat them..the Laker chemistry would be too smooth.

Hell yes, its sports.

I would put my money on la though.

But to say the Thunder '' CAN'T '' win is crazy.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

anybody in the West can beat anybody in the West.

keep dreaming

only 1 team that can beat the lakers and thats the nuggets

as for the thunder beating the lakers..... lakers won the season series 3 to 1... if bynum comes back and artest plays D on durant like he did earlier in the season it will be short work for the lakers

I think Durant and Westbrook will show up and get theirs. Can OKC's bigs handle LA's? LA's frontcourt of Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum is too strong and too saavy for Jeff Green and the crew to handle.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

anybody in the West can beat anybody in the West.
Disagree. The only team that can beat the Lakers is San Antonio----- that's if Duncan, Parker and Manu are all healthy and playing extremely well.

Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, etc- good teams but not contendors.

The west is a toss-up to me. OKC has just as good a chance as anyone else.

If we could push the Lakers to 7 games without any of our star players then I don't see why a team with a talent like KD couldn't.

No.

People have to understand when GSW beat Dallas...it was all about mismatches. The mismatches actually favor LA in this series...especially if Bynum plays. There's no way Jeff and Kristic will be able to stop Gasol and Bynum from doing absolutely everything that they want in the post enough to win a series.

Nahh....better question is can the Lakers beat themselves in the first round

when we struggle i rarely see it as a team really handling us, its more of errors and lapses, if thats present then OKC may can win 2 games in the series at most

Their biggest mismatch was Bynum. Bynum killed them in the regular season so it will be a quick series if Andrew asserts himself early. And Gasol will obviously hurt Green with his length.

I do expect their building to have a nice playoff atmosphere.

Should we expect Fish on Sefolosha and Kobe on Westbrook? And then have Kobe go under every screen and dare Westbrook to beat you with his 36% midrange shot?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

No.

People have to understand when GSW beat Dallas...it was all about mismatches.
it also helped that don nelson built that dallas team and he was avery johnsons mentor

as far as the thunder series...its gonna go the full 7

--Is it possible for the Thunder to win? Yes.
--Is it likely they will? No.

--Lakers should be able to dispatch them in no more than 6 games.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

It wouldn't really surprise me. The Thunder aren't a true 8th seed, they're currently only 8 games behind the Lakers.

The Lakers are going to have their hands full with Durant and Westbrook.
this..

the thunder will lose because they are a really young team (hence the reason they lost some of those games they shouldn't have lost).. but they have the two key thing you need to beat the lakers 1) a PG who can take advantage of dfish and 2) a SF who can take advantage of artest losing a step on D..

and on top of that they have a guy who they can throw at kobe on defense that will make him earn it (thabo)

YES
LA is hurting right now so it CAN go a full 7 games....
Let's just hope it a good series...A GREAT series would be if OKC upsets LA...
pimp.gif

OK, so Bynum just started running on a treadmill last night. This series might be more dangerous for the Lakers than I once thought. The Thunder have an underrated defense that's not much worse than LA's. And their offense is very similar in terms of efficiency as well.

--Not taking anything away from the Thunder, but they playing on a bigger stage now. We'll see how it pans out.
--Intangibles like hustle, clutch and experience are more magnified in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

YES
LA is hurting right now so it CAN go a full 7 games....
Let's just hope it a good series...A GREAT series would be if OKC upsets LA...
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Keep dreaming Scooby

Lakers in 5 or maybe 6. Lakeshow bout get all the way turned up for the playoffs...ONLY 3 DAYS AWAY 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at Diddy and Do Doo hoping and praying. 

"any team in the West can beat any team in the West"  

Sound like freshman school girls thinkin their senior boyfriends only wannna hold hands.  All hopes and dreams.   
laugh.gif

While i'll be rootin for the Thunder...no way in hell Stern lets this happen.

I see a long series though with Durant doing great things, but it ain't happening.

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at Diddy and Do Doo hoping and praying. 

"any team in the West can beat any team in the West"  

Sound like freshman school girls thinkin their senior boyfriends only wannna hold hands.  All hopes and dreams.   
laugh.gif

bet your screename that Lakers will beat Thunder. I'm not saying the Thunder will, but they have a better chance then Golden State did to Dallas a couple of years ago. I say Lakers in 6, but don't underestimate them. KD is that good.

Back
Top Bottom