Can the Thunder beat the Lakers in the first round?

Is this where Kevin Durant's legacy begins?  Or is it too soon for this young team?

They can compete, idk about winning the series tho. maybe 6 if they get lucky

KD will have to put in serious work along with the rest of the team. Kinda like Golden State a few years back against the Mavs.

I believe one of the ways you can steal a series in the NBA is having a certain ridiculous talent on your team that can score 40 a night easily and it wouldn't be a surprise. Because OKC has a player like this, they have a chance in every game they play in the playoffs, assuming that they grind it out.

Yes they can and I think they will. Lakers have no bench. This is 5 against 5. Very possible. I'm calling game 7.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

anybody in the West can beat anybody in the West.
True during the regular season, but that's why they play best of 7 in the playoffs.

If they steal game 1 or 2, then they could possibly pull an upset or at the least extend the series to 6-7 games.

Ultimately despite how talented the Thunder are, inexperience will show and the Lakers won't lose that early.

NO

the thunder peaked to early this season imo, they've been losing games they shouldn't be losing late down the stretch of the season. they'll play the lakers tough though.

the lakers will win in 5 but it will be closer then expected. Lakers win game 1 in a close game, Lakers win game 2 convicingly, Thunder win game 3 convincingly, Lakers win game 4 in a close game, and the Thunder keep it close in game 5 but the Lakers pull away late.

Wale will then need to issue an apology for his anti laker remarks on twitter.

The Lakers are as vulnerable as I have seen since they got Artest. Kobe is hurt (although he won't admit it) and has been taking WAYYYYY too many jump shots. However, the main question is whether Bynum comes back healthy and if he'll be effective or not. The Thunder are young and they have a chance. This series reminds me of Detroit and Orlando when T-Mac was at his prime and basically took over every game. He still didn't come out on top but it was a hell of a stretch for T-Mac. Durant will need to have that type of series (like T-Mac) for the Thunder to stay in it but I think the Lakers will eventually win it 4-1. Oh yeah, don't sleep on Westbrook because if Phil continues to play Fisher, Westbrook could have a hell of a series.

Hm, Lakers been losing lately.

But to beat the Lakers, the Lakers have to beat themselves.

There a whole different beast in the playoffs.

Thunders are my favorite team, just wished they didnt play the lakers in the first round.

It wouldn't really surprise me. The Thunder aren't a true 8th seed, they're currently only 8 games behind the Lakers.

The Lakers are going to have their hands full with Durant and Westbrook.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Hm, Lakers been losing lately.

But to beat the Lakers, the Lakers have to beat themselves.

There a whole different beast in the playoffs.

Thunders are my favorite team, just wished they didnt play the lakers in the first round.

if they were to play anyone other then the lakers i would be cheering for the thunder/sonics to win.

i really enjoy watching kevin durant play,  and aside from the fact the i like russell westbrooks game he lived 5 minutes away from me and played high school ball with a few friends of mine so i wanna see someone local succeed.

Back
Top Bottom