Can we discuss Philadelphia Kensington

I went down a YouTube rabbit hole and found this video of junkies in Philly. I grew up in Houston’s 3rd Ward in the 80’s and I saw nothing like this. White folks are shooting up in broad daylight. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s crazy because it seems to be young white folks and Philly has said F it.

Land of the lost. Reminds me of Moss Park and East Hastings.

Reminds me of the ****ty part of Mesa,AZ. Nothing but trailer parks and meth, but this is on a different level

Down here in Cincinnati they usually do there business in "Band-Os" (referenced by Fetty Wap in "Trap Queen"), basically a boarded up vacant, abandoned house. McDonald's bathrooms are also popular destinations.

Only thing I seen similar was up in Manhattan. I exited the Port Authority terminal at midnight, and there was literally a homeless dude in a sleeping bag on every corner. Some were thoughtful in their positioning, others you had to step over. Don't think they were necessarily drug addicts, mainly older dudes who failed to achieve their dreams.

My last day in NYC I was waiting for the library to open up and this 60 y/o white dude in a Hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts and birkenstock sandals sits across from me, trying to sell me on a "caricature" (a cartoonish portrait). We start talking for a while, I tell him I'm tryna be a RnB singer, he tells me he studied at Hilliard and usually plays piano (busking) in the middle of the day as a side hustle. Despite being a senior citizen, he somehow knows who P Diddy an Jermain Dupri are and that they have offices blocks away. He then shows me some photos of some scantily clad white chicks he took, and it becomes clear to me he is a jack of all trades, master of none. a Backn the 1980s I assume he was probably running around on some kanYe type swag, telling everyone he was going to be the greatest artist of all time, and alienated all his family and friends.

I used to live right outside of The Badlands (11th and Lehigh). It is a crazy area, but I personally never had any problems.

I took the train in Philly & it looked exactly like those streets. I was balancing & gripping with my toes for dear life that whole ride. Felt like I was gonna catch something by touch.

Their poor & junkies set the bar for other cities.

That's where I get my dogs pedicured. It's a nice neighborhood once you get to know the people.

Kensington is so bad, that is used as a comedy bit on 94WIP sports radio by their sports impressionist Joe Conklin. He does an impression of a Kenginston bar owner Chip Snapper and it's a riot, because it's all true.

actually just rode by K&A the other day...truth in television.

it's easy to see what's visibly ****ed up in those videos and on the streets, but what I saw are people what have been failed by society...people who missed those two checks and ended up homeless, maybe caught some little charge and now can't get approved for an apartment, probably haven't seen a doctor in decades so they medicate injuries with that poison, might need access to mental health services to stabilize their lives but instead get told to die in the street like a ****ing insect.

nobody grows up wanting to live in a tent under the train tracks between a pawn shop and a pawn shop.

that place is a look into the future of most urban environments if people don't wake the **** up.

nobody cared about how ****ed up NY was back then so...
We had to live through that. they’ll be alright.

Down here in Cincinnati they usually do there business in "Band-Os" (referenced by Fetty Wap in "Trap Queen"), basically a boarded up vacant, abandoned house. McDonald's bathrooms are also popular destinations.

I remember a few years ago when they literally had to block off McMicken because the streets were lined up like that.

Fentynal and prostitution trap heaven.

They pretty much cleaned up down the way but the west side, NKY and Hamilton are still doin BAD!

Back
Top Bottom