Can we get some love for my Dude Oddisee though?????

Who you all rockin with?

• J Cole

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oddisee

• Wale

• Rockie Fresh

• XV

• Total voters

I know he has a huge but small fan base, but I hate when dudes like him get over look because he doesn't have the entertainer appeal. Dope beats dope lyrics what more do yall want- Phonte

I know he's been mentioned in the music forum a couple of times, but I thought i'd just going in another time to spread his art some more.

http://www.spin.com/blogs/first-spin-hear-oddisees-people-hear-what-they-see    <<<Stream

I'm living upper middle class and people hardly know my name
Cause the dollars that I gain ain't at the course of rotting brains
I'm from a time that's been forgotten where the scholars entertain
Music with the message message with the music
Records for living reckless and records for wreck improvement
Practicing what I'm preaching good and bad in me meeting
Too much of one or the other and your perception is skewed
Fix up and care less of others doings
Visions all about results what you perusing

I don't even bother mentioning his name around here no more, same with the rest of the Low Budget Crew, Ken Starr, Kev Brown or any of the other better DMV affiliated rappers.

His production is beyond dope (he's moving up there to be mentioned with the likes of Madlib imo) and his songs are top notch. Odd Renditions and People Hear What They See was some of the best projects of 2012.

Also as far as this poll goes I wouldn't bother grouping him with these new school dudes. He's been doing it a lot longer. I know as far as rapper/producer I'd take him over J. Cole and XV.

Thanks man.. It just really hurts to see dues like Od to get looked over.. when his message can actually help people. Good messages and potent rappers could actually IMO cure a lot of the negativity going on in hip hop...

I gotta check out People Hear What They See, I totally overlooked that in 2012. But, I've been checking for his music since around 06 or 07, his Odd [SEASON] series always get play. Production is definitely on point too, the whole LBC is nice, but as OP and Master Zik said nobody is really checking for lyrics.

Havent listened to Oddisee & Ken Starr in awhile. Never listened to the rest of the Low Budget Crew tho. It seemed like these guys couldnt get their names out there like that like alot of other underground rappers who have that similar style. Ashamed really, hip hop can always use a good group of pure underground lyricists

I have a lot of his stuff in my itunes... really enjoy his music.

Havnet added anything recent tho, just havent looked for much new music at all really...

anyone want to put me on to some of his recent stuff :nerd:

someone posted here about diamond district few years back, been listnen ever since...

Last edited:
I have a lot of his stuff in my itunes... really enjoy his music.

Havnet added anything recent tho, just havent looked for much new music at all really...

anyone want to put me on to some of his recent stuff
nerd.gif

someone posted here about diamond district few years back, been listnen ever since...
check out his new album if you haven't already..

it's called people hear what they see.. it's a great album.

Back
Top Bottom