Can you ask to get a $2 bill at the bank from a teller?

I know the answer to this but I need a second opinion to prove my point. So NT can you ask to get a $2 bill at the bank from a teller?

Yes. Money is money. But to prove the answer is yes, i went to the bank during chinese new years, and was able to obtain a good amount of $2 bills.

YEs
eyes.gif
(not thread worthy, just ask the teller)

yep. my friend does it all the time. i remember when he first pulled out a wad of $2 bills and i was like
eek.gif

you just have to ask for them, that's all.

I thought you meant 2 billion..damn lol
but for free? or you have to exchange money for the 2$ bills

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

you had an argument about $2 bills?
Yea my younger brother doesn't want to spend his because he said he cant get any more of them.

THE BANK ACTUALLY HAS TO HAVE SOME...IF THEY DONT THE ANSWER IS NO..BUT IF THEY DO...THE ANSWER IS YES.

i've been meaning to ask for half dollars just to do it...but i'm to lazy to go inside for some half dollars...

bleh, if you're gonna fight over it goto a bank for an answer

I assume the answer is no, just because they don't want to go through the trouble of finding you any, I think they're out of print.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...d_States_two-dollar_bill
The most significant evidence of the $2 bill's reawakening would be that, in 2005 alone, 61 million $2 bills were printed by the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing. This is more than twice the number of $2 bills that were printed annually between 1990 and 2001.

Many banks stocking $2 bills will not use them except upon specific request by the customer, and even then, may cause a delay with a trip to the vault.[sup][2][/sup]

They are not out of print and you can go to any teller and ask for $2 bills. It's just a question of whether or not they have any at the moment but theyare definitely available.

Back
Top Bottom