Can you file a Paypal claim if your goods was stolen from someone in Customs or Post Office?

I just ordered a pair of shoes and the tracking says it's been here for 2 weeks but I haven't received a notice to claim it yet.

I'm just asking because a PS3 game I ordered was stolen last year and the seller refused to send me a new one because he said it was out of his control. 

Last edited:
Once a seller drops an item off at the post office, it is out of their control.

If you think someone from customs stole it I would open a dispute with paypal, although I'm unsure how you would prove it was stolen.

Last edited:
if the package was stolen then ask the seller to file a claim with the shipping company and go from there.

Do not file with paypal if a package is stolen, that is not the seller's fault!

before you start throwing accusations around, call the USPS to see what's good.  you'll probably have to file a lost parcel claim with USPS, not PayPal.  advise the seller to do the same.

Last edited:
Yeah. The seller did his due diligence. Its not his fault if your item gets stolen or lost. I hope you recover it though.

I disagree. It is the seller's responsibility to mail it to you - sure, it's not their fault if it goes missing, but it's their job to sort it.

They need to file a claim (afaik the receiver can't file a claim) and claim the money back - and then either send you another one or refund you.

If they didn't get tracking etc then that's their problem as Paypal mandates it.

Back
Top Bottom