Can you read this?

pimp.gif

Saw this the other day when I was waiting in line..it said that not everyone can read it as easy ..but I don't think that's true
laugh.gif

jumbled-letters-still-readable.gif

save the late passes if this was posted...
nerd.gif

I didnt think that would be that easy...now I feel dumb because I underestimated my own intelligence...L
smh.gif

It use to always bother me that I could read these things with such ease.
Originally Posted by JayHood23

Not having dislexia ftw
Wouldn't having dyslexia make you read as it should be?
laugh.gif

Cambridge Word Scramble Study: It's Fake Already!

"It seems the bogus "Cambridge University Study" concerning shuffled words is making the rounds again, and this is one bit of crapola I nevertire of debunking.

The fact that this piece of obvious claptrap continues to impress is testimony not only to the ever sagging education level of Americans, but also to ourever-growing anti-intellectualism that gives more and more benefit of the doubt to anything that promises to validate ignorance and basic intellectuallaziness. It is flawed in every way. I've never been able to confirm that such a study was ever done at Cambridge, but if it was, and this descriptionaccurately portrayed their findings, everyone associated with the study out to be booted from serious intellectual circles.

If we truly read words as a whole, then why must the first and last letters be fixed? Why can't the entire word be scrambled? And what exactly does"as a whole" mean anyway? How can one see a word as a whole without seeing the letters in it?

In a way this is a cheap magician's trick, because the only reason people can read the scrambled words is because they aren't very scrambled. Fixingthe first and last letters means 2 and 3 letter words don't change at all, and 4 letter words just swap the middle letters. That's the bulk of ourvocabulary. Try making a sentence with very long words, and our ability to read words "as a whole" mysteriously vanishes. To wit:

Bblaaesl pryleas pnmrrioefg sllaimy aeoulltsby dvrseee clbrpmaaoe tteenmrat.

is incomprehensible, because now every word is truly scrambled, with the first and last letters being an insignificant proportion of the total. So sorry all ofyou that thought you had academic backing to your poor spelling and grammar skills. They do matter, because baseball players performing similarly absolutelydeserve comparable treatment.

I can't believe I just read this with no problem and pretty fast at that. Now I wonder if I'm dyslexic or something.

Originally Posted by breaux

Bblaaesl pryleas pnmrrioefg sllaimy aeoulltsby dvrseee clbrpmaaoe tteenmrat.

Baseball players performing ? absolutely deserve comparable treatment.
GIVE COOKIE NOW

Back
Top Bottom