Canadians Stand Up! The 2009 CIS National Basketball Championship Thread.

Last year's tournament was the best one ever and im certain this year will not disappoint either.

The women's tournament is expanding to 16 teams next season so im sure the men's will follow suit. (Congrats to the simon frazier women's squad forwinning the national championship).

So this will be the last CIS Final 8 (and coincidentally just the 3rd down from 10 teams a few years back
laugh.gif
).

Tournament Bracket

#1 Carleton Ravens
#8 St. Francis Xavier

#4 Western Mustangs
#5 Ottawa Gee Gees

#3 British Columbia Thunderbirds
#6 Dalhouise

#2 Calgary Dinos
#7 Concordia Stingers

First Round Results

Carleton - 97
St. Fx - 54

Western - 75
Ottawa - 48

UBC - 78
Dalhouise - 54

Calgary - 76
Concordia - 67

2nd Round

Saturday March 14

#2 Calgary Dinos
#3 UBC Thinderbirds
Tip: 6:00 PM EST

#1 Carleton Ravens
#4 Western Mustangs
Tip: 8:00 PM EST

go western!! they have some good players they should come out with the title this year

I was there when Calgary beat UBC for that number 1 spot. Time to do it agian

Calgary all day, them Bekkering boys are a problem. Fidler and Sihota too
pimp.gif

GO DINOS!!!

I haven't been following it much this year because I'm not too close anymore with anyone who plays. I caught a bit of the Western/Ottawa game when Iwas working out, not a great game. I didn't realize Calgary was so good this year and their game with UBC should be good. If I'm watching TV whenit's on I'll check it out.

Seriously CIS basketball?
laugh.gif
I bet 70 pct of American high basketball isbetter than this.
laugh.gif
Do they even show this on The Score?

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

^duck tales
this shouldnt be a thread anyway
How is he telling ducktales? I'm pretty sure CIS schools dont give full scholarships. So whats the the big deal if they offer for you to playthey really arent giving you much anyways.

Im rooting for the stangs and Calgary...I'm just happy my school won it all last year, thats all that matters

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

^duck tales
this shouldnt be a thread anyway

get the hell outta here with that.

you're pretty much always wrong arent you?
laugh.gif

if more canadians had pride in their national product then Canada weouldnt be in such dire straits in every sport that isnt hockey.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

laugh.gif
I bet 70 pct of American high basketball is better than this.
laugh.gif
Carleton beat Alabama last season. and it took Illinois overtime to beat them.

Running with power conference teams is damn respectable considering the vastly smaller budget and effort put into developing local talent.

chris boshs neck
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cis lol i got offered to play on a cis team, straight trash homie
so what are you doing now that's 'better' than cis ball? hoopin' at the Y? barely playin while working at 7-11?

Top CIS players that make a lot of rukus will at the very least get a look from overseas.

If your game was that superior to the rest of the CIS, then it would have been a fantastic oppurtunity.

Leads me to think your 'offer' was not everything you make it appear to be. Nor is your game.

as stated above CIS ball is no joke.

ubc clinches a berth in the chip.

bekkering shouldnt have tried to dunk that ball, there were 3 defenders around him.

dyck hit those crunch time free throws.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Running with power conference teams is damn respectable considering the vastly smaller budget and effort put into developing local talent.

laugh.gif
Come on! Those were exhibition games on Canadian soil in the middle ofsummer. Those dudes probably werent concentrating on the game they were concentrating on banging some Canadian $%# Put Carleton in the first round of the NCAAtournament and see what happens.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Come on! Those were exhibition games on Canadian soil in the middle of summer. Those dudes probably werent concentrating on the game they were concentrating on banging some Canadian $%# Put Carleton in the first round of the NCAA tournament and see what happens.

Excuses.

Back
Top Bottom