Cancel Sprint Contract with no ETF!

Sprint is going to be increasing their Administrative charge from $.99/mo to $1.50/mo a line. This should be showing on your latest bill
Administrative Charge Increase &Terms & Conditions Changes for Consumers
Effective 9/9/11, the Administrative Chargewill increase to $1.50 per line for customersthat receive the charge. For details, visitsprint.com/taxesandfees. In addition, theSprint consumer Terms (Ts&Cs) are changing. Please review them carefully at your local Sprint store or sprint.com/termsandconditions

According to the terms and conditions a change like this let's you cancel your contract within 30days of the change. The change goes into effect 9/9 so you basically have until 9/30 to cancel your contract.
When You Don't Have To Pay An Early Termination Fee
You aren't responsible for paying an Early Termination Fee when terminating Services: (a) provided on a month-to-month basis; (b) consistent with our published trial period return policy; or (c) in response to a materially adverse change we make to the Agreement as described directly below.

Our Right To Change The Agreement & Your Related Rights
We may change any part of the Agreement at any time, including, but not limited to, rates, charges, how we calculate charges, or your terms of Service. We will provide you notice of material changes—and may provide you notice of non-material changes—in a manner consistent with this Agreement (see "Providing Notice To Each Other Under The Agreement" section). If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made. If you do not cancel Service within 30 days of the change, an Early Termination Fee will apply if you terminate Services before the end of any applicable Term Commitment.

I called 18882114727 then 4, 5, 2 for cancellations. I spoke to an Alyssa. Basically told her I wanted to cancel my contract. She asked why and I said its because they were increasing their Administrative charge and that voids the contract. She asked me what else is causing me to switch carries and I told her slow 4G speeds and som
e other crap. She said she can cancel my service and I told her I wanted to port my phone number. She said no problem. She was ready to cancel right then and there with no Early Termination Fee but I told her I wanted to wait until the end of the billing cycle to switch. She said no problem and that my contract will be cancelled with Sprint whenever I port my phone number. Just to clarify I asked her if I was basically on a "month to month" until I ported my number and she said yes. I just went on Sprint.com to look at my account and my contract details now say "contract fulfilled as of 7/26/11" I have the EVO 3D now and pretty much extended my contract for 2 years just a month ago so this is awesome.Just so you know, having your "contract fulfilled" doesn't mean you're now eligible for upgrades it just means you can leave anytime you want with no fee. Verizon is willing to give me $250 (paid $199) to trade in my EVO 3D but I'm still deciding what carrier to switch to. I may stick with Sprint if they can make me eligible for upgrade pricing and wait for the Iphone 5. Let me know if this works for you guys. Good Luck.

Any discounts they are going to be offering for this? Like the $20 off per month they offered for the last increase? Wouldn't mind getting my bill even lower
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hustleordie

Sprint is going to be increasing their Administrative charge from $.99/mo to $1.50/mo a line. This should be showing on your latest bill
Administrative Charge Increase &Terms & Conditions Changes for Consumers
Effective 9/9/11, the Administrative Chargewill increase to $1.50 per line for customersthat receive the charge. For details, visitsprint.com/taxesandfees. In addition, theSprint consumer Terms (Ts&Cs) are changing. Please review them carefully at your local Sprint store or sprint.com/termsandconditions

According to the terms and conditions a change like this let's you cancel your contract within 30days of the change. The change goes into effect 9/9 so you basically have until 9/30 to cancel your contract.
When You Don't Have To Pay An Early Termination Fee
You aren't responsible for paying an Early Termination Fee when terminating Services: (a) provided on a month-to-month basis; (b) consistent with our published trial period return policy; or (c) in response to a materially adverse change we make to the Agreement as described directly below.

Our Right To Change The Agreement & Your Related Rights
We may change any part of the Agreement at any time, including, but not limited to, rates, charges, how we calculate charges, or your terms of Service. We will provide you notice of material changes—and may provide you notice of non-material changes—in a manner consistent with this Agreement (see "Providing Notice To Each Other Under The Agreement" section). If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made. If you do not cancel Service within 30 days of the change, an Early Termination Fee will apply if you terminate Services before the end of any applicable Term Commitment.
uo
I called 18882114727 then 4, 5, 2 for cancellations. I spoke to an Alyssa. Basically told her I wanted to cancel my contract. She asked why and I said its because they were increasing their Administrative charge and that voids the contract. She asked me what else is causing me to switch carries and I told her slow 4G speeds and som
e other crap. She said she can cancel my service and I told her I wanted to port my phone number. She said no problem. She was ready to cancel right then and there with no Early Termination Fee but I told her I wanted to wait until the end of the billing cycle to switch. She said no problem and that my contract will be cancelled with Sprint whenever I port my phone number. Just to clarify I asked her if I was basically on a "month to month" until I ported my number and she said yes. I just went on Sprint.com to look at my account and my contract details now say "contract fulfilled as of 7/26/11" I have the EVO 3D now and pretty much extended my contract for 2 years just a month ago so this is awesome.Just so you know, having your "contract fulfilled" doesn't mean you're now eligible for upgrades it just means you can leave anytime you want with no fee. Verizon is willing to give me $250 (paid $199) to trade in my EVO 3D but I'm still deciding what carrier to switch to. I may stick with Sprint if they can make me eligible for upgrade pricing and wait for the Iphone 5. Let me know if this works for you guys. Good Luck.

Op you might want follow up with sprint about being on month-month cuz from what I've read over at Xda   they are giving you until the end of the cycle to port out the number before they terminate service without  ETF.   You don't want to be terminated  thinking you month-month.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Op you might want follow up with sprint about being on month-month cuz from what I've read over at Xda   they are giving you until the end of the cycle to port out the number before they terminate service without  ETF.   You don't want to be terminated  thinking you month-month.
I called later to double check and we're good to go. The lady even told me that if I don't port my number before or on the 9th (end of billing cycle), than I should just wait until oct. 9 since I'll be billed the entire month since they don't prorate the bill.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

I think im going to stick this out and wait for the iPhone 5.

I'm actually debating if I want to stay or go to Verizon to get the iPhone. Got a call from Sprint today and they were going over these "promotions" that I qualified for. They said I could add a line to my plan and get a free phone. At first I thought they said I could add a line for free
eek.gif
, but they clarified and said I could add a line and get a free phone
laugh.gif
roll.gif
. I told them that's not a promotion and that I have no need to add a line. I told them if they want me to stay that they give me back my yearly upgrade eligibility. The guy put me on hold for 3mins while he checked with his supervisor and came back and said it's only for 10+year members and plans over 89.99 but said he could make me eligible for an upgrade now.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

after 9 years with sprint

i went pre paid

if i was you i would do the same
What pre-paid company you with?
boost since it was a quick port with sprint and i had no problem keeping my number 
unlimited everything 

What's the point of ETF's? I thought companies would like you getting a new phone whenever you .
I'm with VZW and can't get a new one until my contract is over in June

I would have cancelled before i knew i could get 27% off my monthly bill through sprint because my company provides sprint employees with pharmaceuticals and our main contract is with blue cross blue shield, which provides their health insurance
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

good info though........i would use this to cancel and get all new phones on 3 new lines and still have our old phones
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom