capitol hill debate today/ what reparations might look like(whose eligible)

You know how many non black folks would rather watch the whole thing burn than have to see blacks given a benefit?

Probably the same amount of non black folks that's gonna benefit. You really think they doing this with US in mind?? They KNOW we're gonna turn around and give it right back to them. Just clear my debt.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking but not just Ivy League schools, more so EVERY university. Public and private. If a child of color has been accepted to a school based off their grades that they earned then they should be given free tuition so long as they maintain passing grades.

Agreed, but some of these schools do not carry the cache that opens doors for others, especially immigrants to this country.

Along those lines, Medical school should be free, as well as Law School and business school. There should be no age limit, nor stipulation suggesting that the graduate went to school for free. All applicants should be tutored toward their goal. This would not only help to level the playing field against white people and other immigrants, but it would also encourage inner city communities to gear up toward the promise of an education, knowing that their pathways would not be blocked in any way shape or fashion. Your higher education is guaranteed, so now get after it.

I also believe that section 8 and other HUD programs should act as an endowment for African descendants of american slavery. It should not be limited to low income housing units. It should be able to be applied to all housing everywhere for the descendants of African slaves in america. Black people should be able to move into Trump Tower with it.
:lol:

Last edited:
Just cut me my check, and my great grandparents check. I’m not concerned about what anyone else does with their money

You realize white militia men will take it upon themselves to reinforce an America for them and not us?

You see all the survival and weapons training they are doing? What do you think they are getting ready for?

IMO it isn't the racists / bigots that are the problem.

It's the so called "Moderates" that are the problem.

The ones who engage / barter in middle ground logical fallacies.

They have convinced themselves that there is a middle ground between the truth and a lie.

History itself speaks the truth on this issue.

There is nothing to debate.

Reparations are long past due.

It's time to end institutional racism / bigotry.

There is no "middle ground" here.

Democrats / the media are more Republican than the Republicans themselves were in the 1980's. Even Reagan was telling Gorbachev to tear down walls.

Democrats / the media are more to the right now than they were in the 1960's. The Civil Rights Bills wouldnt even pass today.

We are in trouble when the majority of Americans are more comfortable investing in the space between truth and lies than chosing one or the other outright.

These are the most dangerous people...not the racists / bigots.

At least the racist / bigot choses a side.

Halfway between the truth and a lie is still a lie.

Seems these kinds of people were always around...

Nothing new under the Sun.

Revelation 3:15-17

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot.

I wish you were either one or the other!

So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.

But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

Spotlight on the “anti -reparations movement” aka c**n’s (if your attention span cant dwell past 2 minutes no need to come in here & say u cant watch a long video, just dont click it & keep it moving)

You will never see a bill passed that grants all african american descendants a large sum of money. It is literally never going to happen. Slavery in the United States lasted 246 years. Jim crow laws on top of that suppressed blacks for another 100 years after that.

The only kind of reasonable ask that can be made of a reparations bill would be:
1) a yearly tax credit or tax exemption...
- according to racist whites black people just leech off of welfare and don't pay any taxes anyway, so it shouldn't a big deal right?? lord knows corporations dont pay $#!%

2) A first time homebuyer assistance program.
- something to counter act all of the government assistance that whites had access to before the civil rights movement helping them buy land and homes. (when it was dirt cheap)

3) A free post secondary education up to the cost of public in state tuition (however money can be used at any admitted private school also). doesn't include room & board. Really everyone should have this anyway but...
- you know, since reading was illegal and all.
- 2.5 - 2.75 gpa must be maintained once enrolled.

That's what I posted in the political thread and my opinion hasn't changed much. I don't want me or my descendents to pay any taxes to this country my ancestors helped build for the next 400 years.

A first time home buyer credit that is adjusted to a percent of the median home price in the purchasing zip code.

And a free post secondary education for high achieving students.

Anyone asking for a lump some of money is playing right into their hands. They will have all that back in white corporate bank accounts in no time at all. Whole auto industry will see immediate benefits.

That's what I posted in the political thread and my opinion hasn't changed much. I don't want me or my descendents to pay any taxes to this country my ancestors helped build for the next 400 years.

A first time home buyer credit that is adjusted to a percent of the median home price in the purchasing zip code.

And a free post secondary education for high achieving students.

Anyone asking for a lump some of money is playing right into their hands. They will have all that back in white corporate bank accounts in no time at all. Whole auto industry will see immediate benefits.

You guys are SILLY. Why can’t it be both? The tax breaks and provisions y’all want, plus a check? You still gone have to pay property taxes, etc. hey, take y’all lil tax breaks and whatnot. Give me y’alla check, along with my own

If you're a Black person / ADOS and don't agree with / support reparations, then don't accept them.

No need to stand in the way and nay-say those that are fighting to achieve the promise their ancestors fought and died for while enduring he most horrible experience in human existence.

Same Black folks who never believed slavery would end and wholeheartedly accepted (and even defended) their position as slaves - but walked off the plantation like everyone else.

Same Black folks who stood in the way of the Civil Rights movement, accusing Rev. Dr. MLK Jr / Malcolm X and all those who fought for Civil Rights of being "trouble makers" - yet accepted the benefits.

Same Black folks who didn't believe Obama could or should be President / refuse to vote in any election - yet complain about the job he did.

Progress will always have its enemies.

Everyone who is your color is not your kind.

Not sure we should waste the energy focusing on the opinions of nay-sayers whose whole energy will be different once reparations become a reality.

Don't agree with the check?

Don't cash it.

Not a Black person / ADOS?

Please have several seats.

Why when people mention us they quick to throw welfare out there like its not whites(especially some who make money but work the system) who dont use welfare by the boatload ?

Whites been getting a form welfare since before welfare..... oh, it was called free labor first. My bad. They been getting welfare since them Indians taught the pilgrims how to farm with fish carcasses

Though rates of participation are higher among people of color, white people comprise the greatest number of recipients when measured by race. Given the population of the U.S. in 2012 and the annual rate of participation by race reported by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2015, about 35 million white people participated in one of the six major government assistance programs that year. That's about 11 million more than the 24 million Hispanics and Latinos who participated and considerably more than the 20 million black people who received government aid.

In fact, most white people receiving benefits are enrolled in Medicaid. According to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation, 42 percent of non-elderly Medicaid enrollees in 2015 were white. However, U.S. Department of Agriculture data for 2013 shows that the largest racial group participating in SNAP is also white people, at more than 40 percent.

https://www.thoughtco.com/who-really-receives-welfare-4126592

They have convinced themselves that there is a middle ground between the truth and a lie.

Democrats / the media are more Republican than the Republicans themselves were in the 1980's. Even Reagan was telling Gorbachev to tear down walls.

Democrats / the media are more to the right now than they were in the 1960's. The Civil Rights Bills wouldnt even pass today.

We are in trouble when the majority of Americans are more comfortable investing in the space between truth and lies than chosing one or the other outright.

So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Their is no right or wrong. Only balance. Even people who are always right end up 6ft

That middle ground stuff is for cowards man...I can't stand it

Back
Top Bottom