capitol hill debate today/ what reparations might look like(whose eligible)

Racism in America is as guaranteed as the Sun rising in the morning. It is literally embedded in everyday operation.

It isn't going anywhere. Sure we can hold those that are OVERTLY racist, accountable but what about the rest of day-to-day operations that aren't so oVERT?

*Nick Young face*

IMO reparations can come in many forms but the one I am most interested in is the eradication of institutionalised racism / bigotry in all facets of life from the administration of justice on the state and federal levels to the business practices of private industry.

Those that engage in race based policies / discrimination, in any form, must be held accountable...personally and professionally.

Bringing Civil Rights laws in line with reality would be a great start.

Money is most definitely part of reparations but its not the only part.
8B49C460-2C6C-4B97-A493-5B6DAD390C53.jpeg

You’re the one who’s using this nirvana fallacy. Not me. I never argued that people shouldn’t be held accountable for racism because it’s either all are held responsible or none of them or whatever you read my response as. I just responded to your hope for eradication because I don’t think THAT is possible for the reasons I stated.

If you’re changing the goal post from your original post I quoted to what you’re arguing now then I have nothing against what you’re preaching.

Money does not mean racism is over. Don’t understand why some don’t get that :lol:

It’s like when racists said “look YOU got Obama. Are we done now???”

Don’t GAF. I hope racism never ends. Give me money and keep being racist, I could care less. Gimme what I’m owed

#Nirvana
#Perfect Solution Fallacy

Last edited:
Racism is tribalism based on color instead if culture
Basically.

Idk what it is about humans, whether it’s innate or learned behavior but groups of people will ALWAYS find something about another group of people to differentiate themselves from the latter. This will always be apart of the human condition.

"IMO reparations can come in many forms but the one I am most interested in is the eradication of institutionalised racism / bigotry in all facets of life from the administration of justice on the state and federal levels to the business practices of private industry".

+

"We might not be able to kill the idea of racism but we can damn sure hold people accountable for it"!

=

Moving the goalposts?

Ok.

Let me say it a different way in an effort to be more clear.

While I personally believe that racism can be eradicated from our institutions and administrations, I also believe that the idea of racism itself, on an individual level, cannot be eradicated from the human existence.

The later has no impact on the former.

I'm simply saying that while I may not be able to change the heart or mind of a racist, I can work to "eradicate" their ability impact other people's lives or otherwise act on their racist notions, while free from accountability or consequence.

Reparations is a consequence of enslaving my ancestors and depriving them of their existence as human beings.

I can't do anything about how another person feels about me (and frankly could not care less).

What I can do is can stop them from acting on it...by any means necessary.

That's not moving goal posts.

That's survival.

How can the latter not have an impact on the former when these institutions and administrations you’re referring to are filled with and ran by overt and discreet racists? That makes no sense.

And now you’re putting “eradicate” which changes the notion of how you originally used it. Even then, I stand by my position that that task can not be accomplished because the discreet, intelligent racists know better than to move in ways that will implicate themselves and will continue to use tactics that have no legal repercussions. That’s why they’re in the positions that they’re in.

And I don’t know if you quite understand what I mean by moving the goal posts of your ARGUMENT if you’re correlating it with survival. I don’t even know what those two specific things have to do with one another. :lol:

If you added it for some dramatic flare to conclude your post, then cool. Otherwise, I don’t get it.

I'm Ok with you not getting my POV.

My efforts aren't to convince you of anything at all because your POV is your own to have.

Also - not sure convincing or persuading you is an avenue of approach to eradicating racism / making things better for my people.

I respect your right to see things your way so long as you respect mine.

Just say "I disagree" and move on.

Otherwise this is an exercise in futility.

I refuse to accept that nothing can be done.

racism was created with a specific purpose by a specific group of ppl and the ...the umbrella of whiteness keeps getting larger as their numbers dwindle.
its not humans.

too often we include ourselves in this group and say we. or humans. or us. its not us and its not we and its not all humans.
straight up.

we had no part in the creation.
we had no concept of even blackness before there was a concept of whiteness.
we did not discriminate based upon skin color.

i disagree.
racism was created with a specific purpose by a specific group of ppl and the ...the umbrella of whiteness keeps getting larger as their numbers dwindle.
its not humans.

too often we include ourselves in this group and say we. or humans. or us. its not us and its not we and its not all humans.
straight up.

we had no part in the creation.
we had no concept of even blackness before there was a concept of whiteness.
we did not discriminate based upon skin color.
What exactly are you disagreeing with? Because everything you posted after those first two words doesn’t seem to be directed at what I posted.

Before racism, there was classism. Before classism, there was tribalism (all still exist today btw).

In between all those, there are other things people find about other groups of people that they use to discriminate against them in some form or another. Political allegiance, religion, sexual orientation, musical taste, age, etc.

I edited it. multitasking at work, lol. you didn't say anything I disagreed with when I reread what you said.

That’s right champ. I have my gun with me and on me just about all times. I practice what I preach. No other way around it. That’s the mindset and mentality WE all have to carry. WE are our protection for ourselves and our family.
I wasn't asking for you to explain how or why you protect yourself. It was just interesting to see how you've decided to join us reparation folks in line in begging white mommy and daddy for handouts, champ.

I wasn't asking for you to explain how or why you protect yourself. It was just interesting to see how you've decided to join us reparation folks in line in begging white mommy and daddy for handouts, champ.

No begging at all champ. If and when we get reparations then cool. If for some reason we don’t life continues.....I’m not going to waste energy on something I have absolutely no control over. I don’t have that Begging Benny mentality.

Back
Top Bottom