CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

If Marvel was real they'd lock the Scarlet Witch down for like four or five movies, partner with Fox and do a House of M storyline...them dudes are real though.

I ain't really in the best shape neither but if you get a quality costume, it can make take the focus off your body. That sounded mad feminine but w/e, you can see what I mean if you look up the Halloween thread :lol:

You talking to a fashionisto here. I get you.

If Marvel was real they'd lock the Scarlet Witch down for like four or five movies, partner with Fox and do a House of M storyline...them dudes are real though.
Won't happen unless Marvel gets full control of the X-Men Universe. Which may never happen.

I need to see this movie again. Loved the whole film...But did anyone think the scene with Peggy Carter end kind of awkwardly?

I also enjoyed the tie-in that Marvel's Agents of SHIELD had with the film. 

In the comics she got retconned from cousin(or was it sister) to niece. The age difference is a little bit much for her to be just a niece in the movies tho.

I saw the movie last night and I was definitely amazed

It really was a thriller..the twists and turns in the movie were great..

I really commend Marvel for creating a "Superhero" movie like this..

The fight scenes were well done..the acting was good on all parts IMO..

This film definitely raised the bar for future Marvel films but I know they will not take the espionage type route with other characters like Thor..Avengers..Iron Man etc . . .

Do we think that the Winter Soldier will b in the 3rd one as a helper to Captain America and Falcon?

I'm not big into comic books..but what are some routes they could take from this movie?

Captain 3 will likely feature Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier again, with Cap chasing him down and (probably) turning him to "good". If you read the comics, Bucky takes over the Captain moniker after he gets killed. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bucky take over as the new Cap, as Chris Evans has said he's done after his contract is up. Would be a good way to transition the movies into a new generation of characters on the Avengers.

Also, I think maybe we might see Red Skull return, though I've read that Hugo Weaving (actor who played Red Skull in first one) is likely not going to return. Here's an article that presents some possible scenarios.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/04/13/where-will-the-red-skull-appear-next/

Regarding Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, those two characters are "technically" the offspring of Magneto... but since those rights are owned by Fox, they can't call them "mutants" or that they are the son and daughter of Magneto. KInd of a weird gray area where Marvel can use these characters, but in a different capacity, even though Quicksilver is due to appear in XMen DOFP. I'm excited to see what they do with Q and SW.

Anyone know how many movies Evans has in his contract? I honestly didn't think dude could pull the role off. Another Teen Movie and his role as Johnny Storm almost ruined it for me. Though, I do feel he was good as Human Torch. But his role as Cap has made me appreciate the character more.

I think I read somewhere that the Thor cameo didn't count as a one of the film appearances. I believe he also said he has two more films after AoU so his faith might end in A3? At least while he tries to discover himself and get over directing and just live off the millions from being Cap!

Dude can probably retire now though and live a very comfortable life with the Marvel films syndication checks alone.

Last edited:
This film definitely raised the bar for future Marvel films but I know they will not take the espionage type route with other characters like Thor..Avengers..Iron Man etc . . .

Damn, I was hoping for a stealth Thor to come to he big screen next while dealing with Asgardian politics!

No. He said the Thor Cameo was a bonus. So he is in it until Avengers 3 at the very least.

Captain 3 will likely feature Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier again, with Cap chasing him down and (probably) turning him to "good". If you read the comics, Bucky takes over the Captain moniker after he gets killed. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bucky take over as the new Cap, as Chris Evans has said he's done after his contract is up. Would be a good way to transition the movies into a new generation of characters on the Avengers.

I think that is why they are dragging out this story. So Bucky replaces Cap AFTER his contract.

Last edited:

Damn, I was hoping for a stealth Thor to come to he big screen next while dealing with Asgardian politics!
:lol: I was about to say.

I'm not even sure why'd you go an espionage route with anybody but Cap. They will go similar genre route with other characters though dmxgod dmxgod . They're not all the way there with Thor being a full on cross between LOTR and GOT but it's on it's way. IM is it's own thing already. Not sure any specific genre Hulk could adapt to other than the action/adventure. Maybe lean more to scifi. Doubt they'll go monster/horror with him.

Hopefully they can do Thor justice for the third film. He should honestly be the easiest to work with. Easy visuals, characters, story. It's all there.

Back
Top Bottom