CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

If Evans doesn't count for Thor 2, then I don't see how Ruffalo would count for IM3.

Last edited:
fa real i doubt that counts he had to be on set for what 2 mins
probably didnt even use make up :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah his IM3 cameo doesn't count, he said after talking about that cameo that he still has 5 films left in his contract.

I don't think they have to use him for all 6 though. Like Hugo Weaving, he signed a multi-film deal but doesn't want to return so technically Marvel doesn't have to use him and maybe just let him go or just put him in like small roles but bigger than a cameo. Like in Cap2, if they wanted to put him on a flashback or in the film reel that Arnim Zola played then that could have been one film off his contract but they probably refuse to pay him for a small role so they didn't use him.

These contracts can get complicated but I am sure there is an out in Marvels favor and the contract is likely to have a no compete clause too telling them they can't work for DC or other studios with Marvel film rights like Sony or Fox.

I know Evans didn't count in Thor 2 but I always thought Sam's did in the first IM? I guess not

Yeah his IM3 cameo doesn't count, he said after talking about that cameo that he still has 5 films left in his contract.

I don't think they have to use him for all 6 though. Like Hugo Weaving, he signed a multi-film deal but doesn't want to return so technically Marvel doesn't have to use him and maybe just let him go or just put him in like small roles but bigger than a cameo. Like in Cap2, if they wanted to put him on a flashback or in the film reel that Arnim Zola played then that could have been one film off his contract but they probably refuse to pay him for a small role so they didn't use him.

These contracts can get complicated but I am sure there is an out in Marvels favor and the contract is likely to have a no compete clause too telling them they can't work for DC or other studios with Marvel film rights like Sony or Fox.
That can't be true. James Marsden, Natalie Portman, Evans, and a couple others criss-crossed.

But I don't think those guys have long term deals, I think the no-compete clause are only as long as you are contracted and that is why Marvel signs all their actors up for those type of deals. And I do think Marvel is the only one who does it outside of maybe DC/WBs current big name signings like Cavill and Affleck. Gadot has a 3 film deal so she likely has a no compete clause til after that deal expires. I mean no actor would be stupid enough to have a no compete clause for the rest of their life. :lol:

Like Rufallo, dude has 5 more films so he is obligated to do them when Marvels asks but in the meantime, he can't go to DC and play Luthor because he is under contract. After he complete his obligations, there is probably a small period until he can go to DC or Sony and play a different role.

Marvel is the only one who has the foresight to plan way ahead too so it was smart signing the big names to long term contracts. It's not really until recently that Fox and Sony decided to look way ahead and connect all their films together and set it up for the future.

With Marsden, I don't think he had a 3-film deal, it was probably 1 film at a time. Even then he asked nicely to leave with Singer (who was in good terms with Fox) and they made a deal that Marsden would shoot the death scene so it doesn't leave the movie hanging.

Chris Evans was done with F4 too, I don't even think he signed for 2 films when F4 first came out.

Where did Portman go to? I could only think of V for Vendetta and that is 5 years before Thor.

As Idris and Stevenson, GR and Thor came out the same year and he likely had a 1-film deal for GR. Same with Stevenson and that's why he could play Punisher and then Volstagg after.

Last edited:

Wasn't Jaimie Alexander in the running for Wonder Woman? I guess only the stars get the long contracts.

Last edited:
I heard Norton is a control freak. That's why they let him go. And Terrence Howard just wanted too much money for a slightly decent performance.
Him being a control freak may not have been a bad thing for the franchise. From what I read he's a comic book fan. I'm sure he would be more in line to giving comic fans what they want. I remember reading how excited he was for the info about the Avengers movie, only to be replaced.
maybe it would have been a bad thing
i mean look at all the other actors needed on set
cant have one guy tryna dictate things when theres other people to focus on
even though hulk was :pimp: in avengers
but u get my point
Well nah, this is just the Hulk franchise not Avengers and at the time given they let Norton rewrite the movie on his own he probably noticed a bit that Marvel wasn't as organized as they are now with the phases. I just think his approach there ruined his chances for Avengers. I doubt he came on trying to tell Whedon and Feige what to do with the entire shared universe.
I get what you're saying. I guess I'm speaking more on his input for the story lines, not getting along or connecting with the other actors. From what I've read, Norton really wanted to take the Hulk story to its highest potential, from Planet Hulk to Red Hulk.

Wouldn't be surprised if the true issue with Norton had to do with money, as it was with T. Howard.

TBH, the Incredible Hulk wasn't THAT great of a film though. It's a standard Hulk story any fan could've told. Banner gets spotted, Ross hunts him down.
That's all it needed to be given the first Hulk movie. It was still great. Straightforward and to the point, good on all levels for the time and what it was suppose to be.

I mean Iron Man was a standard Iron Man story and it was great.

Yah I am guessing only the main stars got the long contracts since those guys with smaller parts are easily replaceable, they switched up Fandral easy enough for Thor 2. They are likely given one film deals and just wait for a phone call if they are part of the sequel.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that they struggle to believe that another solo Hulk film would be viable or that people would be as interested in it, given the past two films. I know I'd undoubtedly go and see it, and I wish they would. But if the resources aren't really there for the time being, I doubt they'll do it for another 4-5 years out. Marvel's list of upcoming movies and projects is getting extensive. I would love to see them jump straight into WW Hulk or some other interesting storyline and take the storyline in a new direction. But I would imagine we're quite a few years off from that. Personally, I think Ruffalo is boring and stale and I really preferred Norton's Banner, though the Hulk character (not Banner) was better written in Avengers.

Finally got to see it today.. really, really liked it.

Not much to say that hasn't been said already.. but the action was done really well, Evans held his own, Scarlett delivered, I could have used more Anthony Mackie but he was solid as well. The material definitely felt relevant and important for today's audience, the cost of freedom, monitoring and going after threats before they're even threats, etc. really loved the storyline. Winter Soldier was a great villain as well. I know it's been discussed, but one of the faults of Marvel Studios has been weak or non-memorable villains outside of Loki. Winter Soldier was impressive and him remembering Cap managed not to be cheesy or overly sentimental.

Loved the Abed cameo :lol:

Definitely #2 behind Iron Man for best non-Avengers Marvel film.
iron man was trashboat status word to rigby, compared to the winter soldier

Whoa now. IM was pretty damn awesome.

Planet Hulk, tie I'm Guardians of Galaxy and throw in Beta Ray Bill...just saying. You barely need Ruffalo and his lip thing (no tony)

Not much to say that hasn't been said already.. but the action was done really well, Evans held his own, Scarlett delivered, I could have used more Anthony Mackie but he was solid as well. The material definitely felt relevant and important for today's audience, the cost of freedom, monitoring and going after threats before they're even threats, etc. really loved the storyline. Winter Soldier was a great villain as well. I know it's been discussed, but one of the faults of Marvel Studios has been weak or non-memorable villains outside of Loki. Winter Soldier was impressive and him remembering Cap managed not to be cheesy or overly sentimental.

yeah it was good but not when compared to the winter soldier
and honestly i saw 2/3rds of iron man was good the final act was bad

yeah it was good but not when compared to the winter soldier
and honestly i saw 2/3rds of iron man was good the final act was bad

Yeah. I was mainly hyped about the creation of the first suit. I think they did well in that aspect.

It's crazy, it's all Marvel yet the tone you get going from this thread to the Xmen thread is worlds apart. Makes me a bit sad being the Xmen are my favorite from Marvel.

Me too man... me too
+1. Fox ruined my childhood.
Planet Hulk, tie I'm Guardians of Galaxy and throw in Beta Ray Bill...just saying. You barely need Ruffalo and his lip thing (no tony)

Like I said they can keep Planet Hulk until they cast someone better.

Once Guardians does Thor 2 numbers they will have a sequel. Introduce Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, and Karnak in either that film or in Avengers 3. Give us an Inhumans movie!

ruffalo doesn't even need to be in any movie. Just have Banner be Hulk full time. I like ruffalo but his slob looking self doesn't need to be in these movies.

Full time hulk still looks like Ruffalo. And I am pretty sure that Ruffualo would have to do the mocap, facecap, and voice work. And even that bothers me

Ruffalo can't pull off that tortured soul steelo. He can only do that pretty boy ********

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom