Captain Kirk is also the son of Odin Vol. Official Thor Movie Casting

[h2]ThorHas Been Cast![/h2]
Mon, May 18, 2009
For those of you who made it out to see J.J. Abrams Star Trek re-boot (great film btw), you should recognize Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk, Captain Kirk's father. Well, from now on you'll recognize him as Thor in both both the solo Thor movie directed by Kenneth Branagh, as well as The Avengers. Here's a snippet from Nikki Finke's article on the subject.

"Chris had read for the part of Thor but wasn't given a test because a casting director had nixed him early on. I'm told Chris' younger brother Liam (who's also a ROAR client) then tested for the role of Thor, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige passed. Then, after a conversation with Ward ("You've got to reconsider Chris, he's your guy"), Feige decided to let Chris read again. And once Marvel put him on tape, it was "Oh my god". Branagh came to town last week and saw the Chris test and made the final casting decision today."

This is pretty good casting. I haven't seen him in anything besides Star Trek, but he was good for the short time he was on screen. Apparently he's been on a popular Austrailian show "Home and Away", so you can check him out there if you feel so inclined. It's nice to hear some more news regarding this one, it's gonna be interesting.
[h2]Now We Have Our Loki[/h2]
Mon, May 18, 2009

Nikki Finke is once again breaking the news about casting in the upcoming Thor film, yesterday it was the Norse God himself, and today it's his nemesis Loki. The main baddie in the film will be portrayed by British actor Tom Hiddleston (pretty unknown to American audiences). According to Finke, Hiddelston has shared the stage with director Kenneth Branagh, so this casting makes sense. Originally, rumors were going around that Josh Hartnett was campaigning for the role, but ultimately Branagh went with an unknown. For this I'm glad, with these types of genre films, it's easier to believe that person is the character as opposed to a well known actor stepping in. It takes something away from the picture (although this isn't the case every time). For those of you unfamiliar with the character, here's a brief summary from the http://www.marvel.com/universe/Loki href="http://www.marvel.com/universe/Loki">Marvel Universe.

"Loki is the son of Laufey, king of the frost giants of Jotunheim, one of the "Nine Worlds" of the Asgardian cosmology. Odin, ruler of Asgard, led his subjects in a war against the giants. Laufey was slain in battle and the giants were defeated. Surveying the spoils of war, the Asgardians discovered a small god-sized baby hidden at the giants' main fortress. The infant was Loki, whom Laufey had kept hidden due to his shame over his son's diminutive size. Because Loki was the son of a king fallen in battle, Odin elected to adopt him and raise him as a son alongside his blood son Thor, the future god of thunder."

An official press release regarding these two big announcements is apparently on its way, so stay tuned for that.

I havent got a chance to see Star Trek, so i dont know about he's acting skills... maybe somebody can fill me in.
Dude might can pull it off.... i dont think he's big enough (pause) but then again i dont know how big he is (pause again)

i think its a good choice because, a big name actor would want too much $$$$, and also would chicken out when it comes time to do sequals and the Avengermovie.

cant wait to see the special FX they use for the Mohjinr (sp?)
Thor
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BTonNT

eek.gif
there's gonna be a thor movie?

smokin.gif
yes indeed... i think its a good chance he might make a cameo in the Iron Man 2 movie.... seeing as thats the next movie to come out from Marvel.

After watching ST, I didn't think he could pull off a Norseman look, but I could see it now after seeing that pic

I havent got a chance to see Star Trek, so i dont know about he's acting skills... maybe somebody can fill me in.

His role in the movie was only for about 10 minutes, but it was probably the most emotional 10 minutes of the flick.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Thor was Capt. Kirk's father. Capt. Kirk will be either Green Lantern or Capt. America.
Pine as Capt. America would be straight with me. He did a good job in Trek.

Originally Posted by starbury03

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Thor was Capt. Kirk's father. Capt. Kirk will be either Green Lantern or Capt. America.
Pine as Capt. America would be straight with me. He did a good job in Trek.

i gotta see the movie.... the previews made me think otherwise
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom