Car accident question

So I was in a hit and run accident on the 19th this month. My car rolled multiple times and it's totaled. The car the hit me left his bumper and license plate. Got a lawyer that same day and have to go chiropractor for 6 weeks. My question is will I get a big settlement and what if this person doesn't have insurance? Who gets to pay me? I've received 6k from my insurance today for the car.

Im glad u didnt get majorly hurt op :smokin

As for the settlement i have no idea but goodluck and be glad u lived :smokin

So I was in a hit and run accident on the 19th this month. My car rolled multiple times and it's totaled. The car the hit me left his bumper and license plate. Got a lawyer that same day and have to go chiropractor for 6 weeks. My question is will I get a big settlement and what if this person doesn't have insurance? Who gets to pay me? I've received 6k from my insurance today for the car.

If he doesn't have insurance then you can try to sue to go after his assets.
But typically, people who don't have car insurance probably don't have a lot of assets either. Even if they have a car/house etc. they can try to file Bankruptcy to avoid payments to you and then you're back at square one.

If he doesn't have assets then you are kinda SOL, other than your own insurance coverage. Dude can face criminal penalties as well obviously, but thats not gonna make your back feel better

Last edited:

Soooooo. You got a lawyer but didn't ask him this question?

But typically, people who don't have car insurance probably don't have a lot of assets either. Even if they have a car/house etc. they can try to file Bankruptcy to avoid payments to you and then you're back at square one.

If he doesn't have assets then you are kinda SOL, other than your own insurance coverage. Dude can face criminal penalties as well obviously, but thats not gonna make your back feel better

I'll give him a call tomorrow. I'm not even sure if he even got caught. The cops kept his bumper. Last time I talked to my lawyer he asked for my medical record # so he can get records from kaiser hospital.

Soooooo. You got a lawyer but didn't ask him this question?

I did the day I first called him. He said don't worry about it. And all he asked for was insurance papers, pictures, etc and emailed me to sign papers.

I'll give him a call tomorrow. I'm not even sure if he even got caught. The cops kept his bumper. Last time I talked to my lawyer he asked for my medical record # so he can get records from kaiser hospital.

Word. Well assuming he gets caught, then you've definitely got some payment coming your way.
Just hope that he's got that guap

However, if he does have insurance, its probably better to just get paid from that. Law suit is big expense plus can take more than a year or two sometimes + appeals etc. If you can get what you need without going to court thats better

Last edited:
Op. Isn't going to get anything except his insurance paying for another car if he had full coverage and hospital bills

If you got no fault then you will have to sue tell driver for the loss

Back
Top Bottom