Car accident question

I was involved in a huge auto accident in a rental under my name, I wasn't te driver but I took blame as the driver.
The faulted driver agreed to pay my auto insurance for 3 years if I take the blame. I am in the process of getting a promissory note written up to make sure he pays.
Question is...what if he decides to change his mind? Do I call the insurance company and change the story? What consequences will I have to encounter by doing so...

No rental insurance just my own...
So now your insurance premium will go up?. You should have copped the rental insurance for the extra $$ per day. Ive crashed two rental cars in the past once without any insurance and once w rental insurance both times I was good and didn't have to pay for anything. Maybe you'll luck up.

Last edited:
This...

here. :smh:

looney-tunes-sucker-o.gif

Question is...what if he decides to change his mind? Do I call the insurance company and change the story? What consequences will I have to encounter by doing so...

You fully SOL on this one champ

you made an oral agreement to lie about his liability in the accident.
Promissory note isn't gonna help you, because the underlying contract is unenforceable due to the fraudulent purpose

If he decides to change his mind, your best bet is to take the BIG L as others have already said.
Because if you bring this to the attention of your Insurer, they're gonna be mighty curious why you made a fraudulent claim.
Insurance Co. has got nothing but time and money to make sure they get theirs

Even if ur friend took blame for the accident you would still be held liable unless he was included on the rental insurance.

Promissory note isn't gonna help you, because the underlying contract is unenforceable due to the fraudulent purpose

If he decides to change his mind, your best bet is to take the BIG L as others have already said.
Because if you bring this to the attention of your Insurer, they're gonna be mighty curious why you made a fraudulent claim.
Thanks for the heads up appreciate it
I've already taken the L
If he doesn't own up to the agreement with the promissory note then another L handed my way

I was involved in a huge auto accident in a rental under my name, I wasn't te driver but I took blame as the driver.
The faulted driver agreed to pay my auto insurance for 3 years if I take the blame. I am in the process of getting a promissory note written up to make sure he pays.

youre making la look silly right now

I've already taken the L
If he doesn't own up to the agreement with the promissory note then another L handed my way
Has the rental place contacted you?? You should have copped the rental insurance you prob would have been covered. I never use my own insurance for rentals.

Has the rental place contacted you?? You should have copped the rental insurance you prob would have been covered. I never use my own insurance for rentals.

I've contacted them but I'm waiting for them to call me back, I had my insurance company contact them.

Now I know I will get the rental insurance
Smh

I've already taken the L

Ya, its a bummer for sure

Do you know this guy well?
Probably your only leverage to ensure you get paid is that he would be F'd too if you got caught by the Insuranc Co.
Better hope he pays up.
But whatever you do, keep your story straight with Insurer

Ya, its a bummer for sure

Do you know this guy well?
Probably your only leverage to ensure you get paid is that he would be F'd too if you got caught by the Insuranc Co.
Better hope he pays up.
But whatever you do, keep your story straight with Insurer

My last resort would be if he doesn't pay then I'll have to come forward to the insurance company...hell be screwed bc he really wanted to make sure his driving record is clean due to his job...
If I fess the truth up to the insurance company what type of consequences do I have to face?

Back
Top Bottom