Car Accident!

Ok so long story short I was in an car accident. My girl was driving her car. Were waiting to turn and this chick just smacks in the back of us, without stopping or anything at about 25--30 mph. We told the police that we didnt really need EMS on the scene. But my Neck is kinda tight and I work for coca cola and just had a back injury where it wasnt hurting when it happened but later that night My back was killing me. I dont want the same to happen to my neck from this accident and possibly have to miss work because I work in a warehouse. 

What should I do?

Is there anyway that I can be compensated monetarily for this for Dr bills and pain and suffering ? What is that process like?

Also my girls Dad is supposedly kinda shady when it comes to cars because he pays the insurance and is known to keep the money from accidents and whatnot, How can i avoid this ?

Thanks
[table][tr][td]        
 [/td][/tr][/table]

I'm almost positive you can still go get checked out and have the other driver foot the bill. I'm not sure what steps need to be taken tho.

It's common for a driver/passenger that has been involved in accident to have effects hours/days later.

Go to the emergency room and get treated. You can either sue the driver that hit you or your girlfriends insurance.

By Law, one of them will have to paid all medical bills and yes - you probably will get money as well. How much, depends if you have a lawyer or not and if you do how much does he take. If it's just whiplash 5/10k is normal. 

I suggest you contact a lawyer and give them both of the parties insurance information.

Do not talk to the insurances company without consulting a lawyer - they will want to do that and have a recorded statement. Basically screwing yourself ....

Last edited:
Go ahead to the hospital now if it's hurting. It's common to have delayed injuries. You probably had the adrenaline going too. But next time, let the EMS come just to be safe.

It's common for a driver/passenger that has been involved in accident to have effects hours/days later.

Go to the emergency room and get treated. You can either sue the driver that hit you or your girlfriends insurance.

By Law, one of them will have to paid all medical bills and yes - you probably will get money as well. How much, depends if you have a lawyer or not and if you do how much does he take. If it's just whiplash 5/10k is normal. 

I suggest you contact a lawyer and give them both of the parties insurance information.

Do not talk to the insurances company without consulting a lawyer - they will want to do that and have a recorded statement. Basically screwing yourself ....

DO THIS!!!

When I was 19 (almost 18 yrs ago), 3 friends and I got rear-ended by a drunk driver while sitting at a red light. I had a family friend who worked with insurance claims represent me with the other driver's insurance company. Their insurance paid for my medical bills (chiropractor treatments on my back) and I received $6K. I should have gotten a real lawyer. :smh:

One of the other guys contacted a lawyer and walked away with $60K. Last anyone saw him he had copped a Lexus and was on his way to Texas.

Last edited:
Go to the doctor, get checked out and more than likely they will get you physical therapy. Since the other driver was in the wrong, their insurance is gonna have to foot the bill. Get a lawyer. You actually aren't gonna sue the other person, they always settle but its gonna take some time. You need to go to the therapy and have your lawyer and insurance keep a record of all the bills and appointments. My wife got into a same kind of accident. She got all her medical bills paid and a cash settlement. Just remember that you got to have to pay the lawyer so whatever the amount is you got to take a chunk out of that to the lawyer.

As long as they foot the bill and throw some bread your way then its all good. After lawyer fees she got about 6000 cash. But she went to the doctor for close to a year. I had a friend who got in a accident went did therapy for a few months and then settled and got around 2000 so the longer you go the more they settle out of pocket to you.

I got rear ended on a highway about two weeks ago.

dude had the same insurance as me.

basically the claim was in my favor. im not paying anything out of my pocket.

i was thinking about pursuing a case bc i did go to the hopsital and they said it was whip lash.

my fear is that i cant go as hard in the gym and also i get anxious when im on that highway (i use it to get to supervision every tuesday).

ive never really sued anyone but is the process long?

Back
Top Bottom