car enthusiast step in vol. m5 vs cts-v

(4:05:45 AM): im goin by sport sedan
(4:05:53 AM): m5 VS cts-v
(4:06:03 AM): your gettin more for cts-v
(4:06:05 AM): and payin less
(4:06:40 AM): what does da m5 do that da cts-v can't that its 30k more?
(4:06:45 AM): u can't even tell me can't you

Doesn't this guy sound like a fool?

Actually I've always thought they're quite even.
How much does a CTS-V cost?
We're talking the e60 M5 right?

Meh. You can get a used e60 for around 30-40k now.
But damn, I just looked at the specs on the new CTS-V. 550HP
eek.gif

If I had $60k to spend, and only had the choice of these two, I would take the M5 used and spend the rest on mods.

It'd honestly be a tough choice. I've always thought the CTS-V was a great looking car.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/landing.jsp?model=ctsv&year=2009

I'm a BMW guy, too.

CTS-V = fastest production 4-door sedan in the world.

M5 is a BMW, which means more refined, luxurious, inflated price, probably more precise handling, although I've never driven the CTS-V so I couldn'tsay for sure.

From a performance standpoint, the V gets you slightly more car for way less money.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

M5 is a BMW, which means more refined, luxurious, inflated price, probably more precise handling, although I've never driven the CTS-V so I couldn't say for sure.

From a performance standpoint, the V gets you slightly more car for way less money.
This is true..but there's more a car than horsepower

M5 what? CTS-V = 4 door Z06.

/ end of discussion

EDIT: I got to ride in a friends CTS-V, I almost left my kids all over the black leather seats
smh.gif

With a BMW, it's going to wind up in the shop all the time.

With a Caddy, you might not find a shop to take it to because GM is bankrupt.

I'd go with a Caddy though. I have a soft spot for American muscle.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

M5 is a BMW, which means more refined, luxurious, inflated price, probably more precise handling, although I've never driven the CTS-V so I couldn't say for sure.

This is true..but there's more a car than horsepower

True. I almost pulled the trigger on an E60. The thought of getting a Cadillac never crossed my mind.

But these cars are kind of ridiculous. They are 4-door missiles, sedans that have insane amounts of power but aren't built on the right platform to use itproperly. Very fun though.

/thread.

lurkin, you can't legitimize picking a m5 over da CTS-V when its performs better and its 30k cheaper.

you can pick up a damn used SRT charger for 30k plus da CTS-V for da price of da m5.

///M>ANY CADILLAC
first off the cts v is ugly imo
second off you wont get the "drivers" feeling out of the cts-v like you will an m5
the bmw ///M series cars are all more refined tha most of the cars in their class
when you go out and take a test drive with both cars the choice will be clear
///M5 FTW

Back
Top Bottom