Car Heads Help!! Just Bought an SC400 & Got Some Questions

Joined Nov 10, 2008
I just picked up a 1992 Lexus Sc400 which I'm really excited about. My last car which was also my first car was a 1994 accord so I never really cared much about putting any time or money into it. But now that I have a car with some decent potential I've been trying to learn more about cars in general . I have a few questions and I would appreciate any help from the more knowledgeable car enthusiasts. On a side note, I'm in Portland, Oregon and if there is anyone out here that can point me in the right direction as far as mechanics and  mods please p.m. me

-What are some reputable websites for parts (besides lextasy)?
-Do you guys buy brand name parts on ebay?
-As far as trying to put rims and tires on my car, what numbers do I need to pay attention to for sizing? Specifically, how the hell do you know how big your rims and tires can be without having to mess with the fenders?
-Has seafoam ever given any of you guys problems?

Thanks!

Joined Aug 25, 2005
If your trying to mod the sc400 your out of luck besides supercharging trust me I found out the hard way with my own 1995 sc400. Rim wise I wouldn't go anything over a low profile 18" if you want to save your fenders.

Joined Jan 22, 2008

^yep, forums help out a lot

but first is basic maintenance, make sure the car is running right

Joined Aug 25, 2005
2jz require major modifications due to the gas tank about a 15,000 job. That's what I wanted to do but didn't do my research before hand. Sc300 is much easier.

Joined Nov 10, 2008
Ya I found the club lexus forum last night and I did some reading in there and it has a lot of info but most of it is so f****** complicated that I couldn't really understand it. Oh well, I gotta start somewhere.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now