Car People: Which is better? Mazda 3 or Honda Civic??

Wasup NT,

Planning to get a ride soon and in a debate. I am planning to get a used 2005 mazda 3 or civic, but need opinions on the cars in general. Which is thebetter buy?

Civic:
- better fuel economy
- more quality known
- practical

Mazda 3:
- better performance
- cheaper on insurance
- more roomier (05 model)

Thoughts? Any suggestions welcome
happy.gif

Pretty hard choice bout are awesome and reliable.

On thing is the 3 recently changed up its look. Im not to privy on the newer civics but i dont think they've done a model change yet(If so only a slightone, the mazda 3 looks way different now).

civic all day you can sell whenever you want easily and get good money back it will be harder to flip a mazda 3

i would say go with the mazda3, solid platform. test drive it and i'll bet you'll love it more than the civic. it's all subjective though, so hitup your local dealerships.

however, in terms of depreciation, the civic holds its value better so if you're worried about resale value down the road, might want to consider that.

Originally Posted by chiang2k6

i would say go with the mazda3, solid platform. test drive it and i'll bet you'll love it more than the civic. it's all subjective though, so hit up your local dealerships.

however, in terms of depreciation, the civic holds its value better so if you're worried about resale value down the road, might want to consider that.

civics are good cars and it would be easier to sell down the line like someone said just because it's a civic. you still see like 2000 model civics goingfor 5k+.

as for mazda...i'm sure they got better but i still don't trust them like i would trust a honda.

Originally Posted by doosta45

with the mazda I THINK you got to find mechanics that work on rotary engines
I'm pretty sure that's just the RX8. Not a Mazda3 like OP is thinking about.

Anyways, if you're not worried about depreciation or selling the car down the line, I'd rather go with a Mazda3.

Thanks for the comments, I'm leaning towards the 3 and I don't really intend on reselling. This will be my first real car, but I'm wonderingbecause I don't really know, is it ok to buy cars heading out of their manufacture warranty (Mazda 3 2005)?

I have both bro. 3 handles better but the FD Civic has much better build quality and fuel economy is better too. If you're not getting the Mazdaspeed 3then get the Civic. Also, at this point in time you're not thinking about resale value but down the road you will thank yourself if you chose the Honda.Hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom