Car problem. Vol: Oil in Spark Plug

OK NT my brother is supposed to be giving me hid 01' Alero. But there are some problem with it. The first being I don't think it runs and second it hasoil in the spark plug. He also said the head gasket may be blown.

NT what repairs am I looking at and how much am I looking to drop?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

OK NT my brother is supposed to be giving me hid 01' Alero. But there are some problem with it. The first being I don't think it runs and second it has oil in the spark plug. He also said the head gasket may be blown.

its over, to fix that you need a lot of man labor, very expensive

Originally Posted by JUNIOR STRIKES

OK NT my brother is supposed to be giving me hid 01' Alero. But there are some problem with it. The first being I don't think it runs and second it has oil in the spark plug. He also said the head gasket may be blown.

its over, to fix that you need a lot of man labor, very expensive

you gonna spend more than that thing is worth
How much we talking about?

find a cheap mechanic or do the work yourself, u gettin it free right?
Yeah and I need it done right. I know NOTHING about fixing cars
laugh.gif

^^^1000 or more, it depends on the mechanic

That's a fair amount. I wish I knew exactly what was wrong
ohwell.gif

You have oil...in the spark plug chamber...
I guess
laugh.gif
. All I know is the guy who looked at it for himsaid there was oil in the spark plug or something.

1st problem is a simple leaking valve cover gasket, fairly cheap fix at autozone with a shadtree mechanic.
2nd problem is not easy at all, you can take out the messed up heads and get them repaired but in most cases mechanics dont even bother doing it. the mostcommon fix is just rebuilding the motor or simply replacing it with a new one. your choice.

in all you lookin at about 1500$ fix for errthang if yo know how to find good deals from goodpeople! look around and ask for prices fam, wish you the best of luck, i'd cry if my heads blew in my car.they did in my last car and i aint touch it ormess wid it a day after i put it on craigslist, sold it and kept it moving!

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

1st problem is a simple leaking valve cover gasket, fairly cheap fix at autozone with a shadtree mechanic.
2nd problem is not easy at all, you can take out the messed up heads and get them repaired but in most cases mechanics dont even bother doing it. the most common fix is just rebuilding the motor or simply replacing it with a new one. your choice.

in all you lookin at about 1500$ fix for errthang if yo know how to find good deals from good people! look around and ask for prices fam, wish you the best of luck, i'd cry if my heads blew in my car.they did in my last car and i aint touch it or mess wid it a day after i put it on craigslist, sold it and kept it moving!
eek.gif
oh boy. $1500 can go towards money down on another whip.Its not impossible to get money together but...

295vio7.gif

^^just take it to a auto place or have a good "mechanic" check it out for you

Basically a Dyno right?
A dyno won't do a single thing to fix your problem, something totally different.

you gone need to buy a engine in good shape at a local junkyard for bout 400-600 for that car, and find a good mechanic to drop it in for like 600-1000. andthe valve cover gaskets parts cost less than 100 and installatiion shoud be like 60 cause it only take an hour to do. so like i say about 1500. i would justsale it on craigslist fam for the low (1k cash) and put it && cash you already got towards summin else!

you gone need to buy a engine in good shape at a local junkyard for bout 400-600 for that car, and find a good mechanic to drop it in for like 600-1000. and the valve cover gaskets parts cost less than 100 and installatiion shoud be like 60 cause it only take an hour to do. so like i say about 1500. i would just sale it on craigslist fam for the low (1k cash) and put it && cash you already got towards summin else!

laugh.gif
Why did you put the exclamation mark at the end? But man I'mthinking him to put it on Craigslist. It sounds like its more trouble than its worth. I'm guessing any engine will do? its a 4 cyl I think.

tired.gif
My first car is nothing again. Back to start.

idk for some reason i always end most of my sentences with exclamation points! lol idk whyim yelling, maybe thats just how i talk!

idk for some reason i always end most of my sentences with exclamation points! lol idk whyim yelling, maybe thats just how i talk!
laugh.gif
but
tired.gif
at my lack of a car.

Back
Top Bottom