Car Safety Tips. Vol: Protect Your Property...

Buy American Cars. They are awesome, fast and reliable, plus they also have a built in device that prevents it from being stolen or broken into.

I got my car broken into twice while i was at school in Philadelphia. No parking at drexel ftl.

Got my driver side window broken both times first time stole my CDs and probably 4 dollars in change second time jacked my cd player right out of the dash.

If some one is going to steal your car its different then some one breaking into your car. A thief can break your window and steal anything in the car in under 30 seconds if no one is around i really don't think a car alarm is going to stop them.

If they are going to steal your car that is another story.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

The best thang you can possibly do is use a club for the noobie theifs, get a loud car alarm, and get your car connected with a gps-security system....so when your car gets jacked, the cops know exactly where to find your car

I know some people who have that. When they got to the car it was already stripped. There's a lot of things you all can do. It all depends on how serious you are and your budget. I dont know how it is in other places but the main thing im worried about down here are the tow trucks. Your best bet against those is a garage like I said before. I know someone who use to block his car in with two other cars. The tow truck driver towed both cars out of the way and stole cuz car
laugh.gif
smh.gif
true story. Oh yea it takes seconds to go through a club.

Some things you could consider after getting a decent alarm

- Additional sirens (high decibel)
- Backup batteries
- Relocate the battery to the trunk and disable the trunk release that's inside the car so they cant get to it
- Wheel locks that disable the car from being driven. I dont mean lug locks either I mean the thing the city will put on your car if you dont pay your tickets.
- Tilt sensors..pay a tow truck driver to tow your car while its enabled to see if it works.
- Have the installer loom the wires and install the brain deep inside the car
- Have some type of GPS service or use a cheap phone with gps stashed somewhere deep in the car
- Fuel pump kill switch

That's just basic stuff..if you have mechanical and/or electric know how you can go really hard. Its not hard to thwart someone who doesn't have a tow truck imo. But if they do..lol

As far as smash and grabs go..I know someone who got their car broken into so much by crackheads that he started leaving his car unlocked. Instead of having to break the window they just go in and see nothing and keep it moving.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by cowboys4life

I'm also interested in getting an alarm for my car.

Humpasaurus the features you mentioned for that alarm, was that for the white alarm you posted the pic of? I would've quoted but its too much lol. As far as the prices for the alarm I see you said its $220, is that for each alarm that you posted. I know someone who can install it for me. Where can I get one of these alarms online at? Thanks for the help

I listed the features for the Clifford (WHITE REMOTE) under it and the Compustar has the features under it.  They're both identical, just different brands.  Yea you can pick either system up for $220 %!# and then installing it is another thing.  I'd go with the Viper if you have an Iphone or Blackberry.  Peep this...

Viper-Smart-Start.jpg

You don't even need the remote you can hook this up to the Clifford, Viper, Python, etc. and run your alarm through your Iphone from anywhere in the 48 states.  You can literally start your car from California if it's in Washington or have it respond to a break in. 
pimp.gif
  The module is $300 extra though, I'm going to buy it down the line.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Move in a better neighborhood as well as stop flossing. I haven't locked my car in months.

Thieves dont limit themselves to bad neighborhoods. Hell I know of someone who got their Maybach stolen.

God Damn.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom