Car Safety Tips. Vol: Protect Your Property...

OK due to the recent rise in car theft on NT, we all need to be safe and protect our property.

What are some safety tips you all have?

Not much you can do as far as protecting your car if a thief wants your car they will take it.

Get a 2Way alarm with remote start.  I've had one in all my cars.  Compustar, Clifford, Python, Viper, etc.

50.7X_large.jpg

[table][tr][td]
product_feature_arrow.gif
[/td][td]One Mile Range with SST[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]New, slim 5-button SST 1-Way companion remote control[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]New Priority[emoji]8482[/emoji] 5-button user interface with easy 2-car operation[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Control Center[emoji]8482[/emoji] with integrated Status LED and Valet Switch[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Virtual Tach[emoji]8482[/emoji] RPM sensing[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]D2D serial data interface for Xpresskit D2D serial data interface modules[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]XpressPort dock for Xpresskit docking serial date interface modules[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Onboard Flex Relays for remote start and light flash[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Manual Transmission Mode[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Car Finder[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Advanced remote start functions: Timer Start, Smart Start, RunTime Reset, and more[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Fail-Safe Starter Kill[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Revenger Soft-Chirp Six-Tone Neo Siren[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Onboard Stinger Double-Guard remote-adjustable shock sensor[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Warn-Away – low-volume, brief warning signal for potential threats[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Inputs for doors, hood and trunk monitoring[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Progressive Door Trigger[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]FACT II – patented False Alarm Control and Test[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Silent Mode alarming and disarming[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Ports for optional tilt, glass break, cabin and proximity sensors[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Keyless entry with optional progressive driver's unlocking and ignition-controlled locking[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Trunk Release plus 3 AUX outputs[/td][/tr][/table]
Compustar
P2WSS.jpg

This remote will send and receive up to 20 football fields long! So how do we do it? After countless hours of research our engineers were able to develop a unique type of Spread Spectrum 900Mhz technology that operates on 50 different frequencies. This technology minimizes interference and permits increased power output while maintaining FCC compliance. In addition to range, you get some of the same great features found in other PRO LCD remotes. These include a 2 year remote warranty, lifetime system warranty, vehicle temperature display, vehicle voltage display, CompuGlow backlight, protective case, run-time countdown, keyless entry, trunk release, remote start, auxiliary outputs and much much more.

I own both of these alarms and have never had a problem so far.  You can also add proximity sensors and tilt sensors.  They are very good systems and a great investment.

Damn a smash and grab.  Oh and you guys with the tinted windows sort of make a sacrifice because when you throw a spark plug at a tinted window it doesn't shatter.  It will stay in tact for the most part with little to no noise making it easier for thieves to advance.  I've only had tinted windows on one car, the rest of my cars are fish bowled.

-Food4Thgt
I paid $500 installed for each system, the unit alone runs about $220 and the installation is $280.  The best part is that if you ever decide to buy a new car you can always take it out and throw it in the new one.  My guy charges me $45.

those remote alarm/starers dont do anything. most of the time all you gotta do is break in fast enough and disconnect the battery. you wont think of anything when your alarm come on and goes off quick.

Originally Posted by Derek916

Not much you can do as far as protecting your car if a thief wants your car they will take it.
x2

i always kept the stock alarm on all my cars and they usually have 4-5k of audio equipment in them

::knocks on wood::

i got my car 3 months ago and during the first month it got broken into. two weeks after that the same thing happened. its crazy. the first time they only stole my cds and thats all i had there. the cds are nothign special anyway. its a bunch of 70s and 80s songs like never gonna give you up. the second time they took a bunch of dollars hanging on top but left the euro intact. i seriously dont know why anyone would break into an impala.

im about to cop this for my car

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Originally Posted by Derek916

Up to a point, yes. It also depends on the sophistication of the thief. I've heard some pretty wild stories
laugh.gif

The easiest way to keep your car safe (when you're home anyway) is to keep it in a garage.

I'm also interested in getting an alarm for my car.

Humpasaurus the features you mentioned for that alarm, was that for the white alarm you posted the pic of? I would've quoted but its too much lol. As far as the prices for the alarm I see you said its $220, is that for each alarm that you posted. I know someone who can install it for me. Where can I get one of these alarms online at? Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by andycrazn

i got my car 3 months ago and during the first month it got broken into. two weeks after that the same thing happened. its crazy. the first time they only stole my cds and thats all i had there. the cds are nothign special anyway. its a bunch of 70s and 80s songs like never gonna give you up. the second time they took a bunch of dollars hanging on top but left the euro intact. i seriously dont know why anyone would break into an impala.

im about to cop this for my car

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Seriously?
laugh.gif

Move in a better neighborhood as well as stop flossing. I haven't locked my car in months.

Get a dark car cover to put on at night if you don't have a garage.
Out of sight out of mind.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Move in a better neighborhood as well as stop flossing. I haven't locked my car in months.

Thieves dont limit themselves to bad neighborhoods. Hell I know of someone who got their Maybach stolen.

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Get a 2Way alarm with remote start.  I've had one in all my cars.  Compustar, Clifford, Python, Viper, etc.

QFT

those remote alarm/starers dont do anything. most of the time all you gotta do is break in fast enough and disconnect the battery. you wont think of anything when your alarm come on and goes off quick.

they have optional back-up batteries

some have an optional tracking system too
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Thieves dont limit themselves to bad neighborhoods. Hell I know of someone who got their Maybach stolen.
ducktales

Get a camera & motion light.

If u go near the driveway the motion light goes on n lights up the whole driveway.

Its raining so it looks crappy.

azaome.jpg

The best thang you can possibly do is use a club for the noobie theifs, get a loud car alarm, and get your car connected with a gps-security system....so when your car gets jacked, the cops know exactly where to find your car

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

QFT

they have optional back-up batteries

some have an optional tracking system too
smokin.gif

More info
nerd.gif

Tracking a thief.
pimp.gif

JDM V4s>>>>>domestic V8s

orig-9035711.jpg

grin.gif

The best thang you can possibly do is use a club for the noobie theifs, get a loud car alarm, and get your car connected with a gps-security system....so when your car gets jacked, the cops know exactly where to find your car

Get a camera & motion light.

If u go near the driveway the motion light goes on n lights up the whole driveway.

0dc158e49baf26ef950f485bc9dfadf9d405e31.gif
  Sounds pretty good... We needz linkz.

Back
Top Bottom