Caribbean Foods 'Nuff Respect (Appreciation). I need a nap.

My lunch for today from Ena's Caribbean Restaurant: Oxtails, Rice & Peas, MackARoni

2cfwbcz.jpg

I love Caribbean food.

Damn right it's appreciated...roti, pepperpot, pholourie, doubles, all styles of patties, bake, pine tarts, tennis rolls, potato balls, hardo bread, mauby,sorrel, peardrax. I would go on but I'm too hungry as it is.

Jamaican meat patties from the cornerstore, and a $5 plate from the Dominican restaurant. Arroz con habichuela y pernil and a morir sonando. All day!
pimp.gif

I get this stuff at the crib. Gotta love my mom! We got beef patties by the pound
laugh.gif
Help me move this weight.

I had a facebook status about how much I missed my mom's Sunday West Indian cooking
Stew Chicken or beef, pelau (rice and peas), plantain, macaroni pie, calaloo>>>>>

pimp.gif

my people dem work magic on them off cuts!!.....i mean they make goat, oxtail and cow foot taste
eek.gif
laugh.gif

ahh Sunday meals definitely appreciated
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

cornmeal porridge in the morning during the winter as well

What do you recommend an uninitiated white boy ordering from a Carib joint? I'm in Brooklyn a lot for work and want to switch up the eats, but as they sayin the Godfather, I don't want to go in there with just my $*#% in my hand.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

What do you recommend an uninitiated white boy ordering from a Carib joint? I'm in Brooklyn a lot for work and want to switch up the eats, but as they say in the Godfather, I don't want to go in there with just my $*#% in my hand.

Curry (whatever meat you want to try here) with Roti
Curry Crab and Dumpling
Bake and Shark or Salt Fish
the foods I mentioned in my other post

Drinks
Mauby, Sorrel, Shandy, Carib or Stag (not sure If they sell this in the States, the most potent beer I've drank, I don't care what nobody says)

APPRECIATED!!!

I want a bake n' shark sandwich from Maracas Bay.....NOW!!!..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Trini's know what I'm talking about...
pimp.gif

People actually use turn Beef Patties into sandwiches? LOL. Never saw it served with bread.

Jerk Chicken with Rice n Peas. I will master this dish eventually man. I love West Indian food. My god I do.

i was cravin some ackee&saltfish with breadfruit the other morning.
beef patties FTW
fish, bami, and festival FTW (the yute dem at Hellshire beach mek it the BEST)
Guineps FTW

Back
Top Bottom